MSC now you've done it!!!!

Linda W.

I am in LOVE with the Yacht Club that now I would never book anything but the YC on MSC!!  Also having a problem thinking about any other cruise line that would offer anything close to this!  Simply the best!  It's like a four seasons resort only better!

• Like 3

Respectfully couldn't disagree more, it's still just a cruise. So many better options than seeing the same boring things. Especially the Caribbean. You get what you pay for imho.

8 hours ago, Linda W. said:

I am in LOVE with the Yacht Club that now I would never book anything but the YC on MSC!!  Also having a problem thinking about any other cruise line that would offer anything close to this!  Simply the best!  It's like a four seasons resort only better!

We were in YC last April.  At that time, we had 2 other cruises booked....one NCL and one Carnival.  We were with the masses (nice cabins...but with the masses) on both and although we enjoyed both...neither compared to YC.

Going forward....it's probably be strictly YC.  Definitley strictly YC on MSC

Not interested in Haven...YC offers so much more for so much less.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, mvh said:

Respectfully couldn't disagree more, it's still just a cruise. So many better options than seeing the same boring things. Especially the Caribbean. You get what you pay for imho.

Yes...and we are willing to pay more for YC!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

37 minutes ago, MsTabbyKats said:

Something nobody mentions....even @morpheusofthesea (at least I never noticed it) is fresh squeezed oj in the morning.  Maybe not a big deal for Floridians....but for us in the northeast, a real treat!

Sorry. We South Floridians take too much for granted in the "Sunshine State".

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, morpheusofthesea said:

Sorry. We South Floridians take too much for granted in the "Sunshine State".

image.png.7d610bc7015507d101025cd1994c8ab6.png

Edited by Bgwest
  • Like 1

22 hours ago, Linda W. said:

I used to agree but now I am having second thoughts.

Currently on Seascape in YC and it's been not as good as before.

I was on Seashore last month and it started going down then.

I will post a new thread on it.

Problem is too many people and not enough space.

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
31 minutes ago, mscdivina2016 said:

but now I am having second thoughts.

Currently on Seascape in YC and it's been not as good as before.

OR as Freud suggests in his treatise Civilization and its Discontents

"A. Double-sided nature of the pleasure principle:

1. In its positive manifestation, the pleasure principle simply names the egoistic drive for the satisfaction of all our demands; it is a drive to gain pleasure.
      -- But we quickly realize that the external world and the demands of others interfere and prevents the satisfaction of many of our desires—enter the Reality Principle, our awareness that our demands cannot all be met.
    2. This leads to a second, negative expression of the pleasure principle; the attempt to avoid displeasure as much as possible.
      -- We thus learn to renounce desires or demands that cannot be met, since this causes us less displeasure than giving in to the desire and having it left unsatisfied."
    4. Still we would most heartedly like to hear your forthcoming views. Catharsis and knowing "we are all in the same cosmic boat and the boat is perpetually sinking." Aldous Huxley
P.S.

cartoon.jpg

Edited by morpheusofthesea
ps
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

7 hours ago, morpheusofthesea said:

Nothing in life is ever as good as the first time. Then after x times our human nature loses the interest and pleasure it once gave. We are our own worst enemies.

So you are OK with:

$10 bottles of wine being served at dinner in YC?

Not meeting your "butler" until night 2?

Out of most premium liquors on Day 1?

You are making it sound like everyone has a mental disorder.  

15 minutes ago, Cruzan Sparky said:

You are making it sound like everyone has a mental disorder. 

I think you are on to something.

"If there's life on other planets, then the earth is the universe's insane asylum." Voltaire

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Cruzan Sparky said:

$10 bottles of wine being served at dinner in YC?

Nine out of ten of us could not discern one wine from another in a blind tasting. 

"There are no standards of taste in wine. Each man's own taste is the standard and a majority vote cannot decide for him or in any slightest degree affect the supremacy of his own standard. " Mark Twain

26 minutes ago, Cruzan Sparky said:

Not meeting your "butler" until night 2

You have been lucky, some guests are ignored for the entire cruise.

27 minutes ago, Cruzan Sparky said:

Out of most premium liquors on Day 1?

"There is no bad whiskey. There are only some whiskeys that aren't as good as others."

Raymond Chandler

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

14 hours ago, morpheusofthesea said:

Nine out of ten of us could not discern one wine from another in a blind tasting. 

"There are no standards of taste in wine. Each man's own taste is the standard and a majority vote cannot decide for him or in any slightest degree affect the supremacy of his own standard. " Mark Twain

You have been lucky, some guests are ignored for the entire cruise.

"There is no bad whiskey. There are only some whiskeys that aren't as good as others."

Raymond Chandler

Guess we were the luck ones.  We saw our Butler and assistant Butler 2-3 times A DAY!  As for the wine, no it wasn’t $50.00 wine but our waiter made sure we found something we liked at dinner.  I guess it comes down to expectations.  I expected an upscale experience and that is EXACTLY what we got!  I did NoT expect perfection and I was very appreciative of all of the staffs hard work etc to make sure that the cruisers had the best experience they could.  I believe there were some SNOBS in the YC that felt “entitled”.  Sadly they probably didn’t have nearly the same fun and wonderful experience that we did because they were always wanting more and more and more.  We loved it and will book another.  Just my two cents.  Take it or leave it.

• Like 9

6 minutes ago, Linda W. said:

Guess we were the luck ones.  We saw our Butler and assistant Butler 2-3 times A DAY!  As for the wine, no it wasn’t $50.00 wine but our waiter made sure we found something we liked at dinner.  I guess it comes down to expectations.  I expected an upscale experience and that is EXACTLY what we got!  I did NoT expect perfection and I was very appreciative of all of the staffs hard work etc to make sure that the cruisers had the best experience they could.  I believe there were some SNOBS in the YC that felt “entitled”.  Sadly they probably didn’t have nearly the same fun and wonderful experience that we did because they were always wanting more and more and more.  We loved it and will book another.  Just my two cents.  Take it or leave it.

Attitude is everything in life.

• Like 4

In our experience you can get yourself off to its best start in Yacht Club starting in the terminal in the Yacht Club area. Be gracious with the Head/AsstHead Butler managing the area. It will be hit or miss you meet the YC Director here. The Head/Asst Head Butler are the NCO’s in the Yacht Club. Also, there will be regular Butlers and Junior Butlers there. Take the time to speak with them. Ask them if they know who your butler will be. They know the room blocks and THEY DO TALK to their colleagues. At your first chance speak with the Concierge or Asst Concierges at the desk.  They can be a great help, particularly if you have any special things you want arranged for the week. Let them know early. The Lounge Butlers in the Topsail Lounge are also important to meet.  They will make your cruise with their smiles and you will generally get drinks ordered your way after your first trip to the Lounge. Our favorite YC staff are the Bar / Grill / Pool staff up at Pool One. You will see most of them at other YC areas throughout the day. We spend most of our cruise up there. Sit at the bar sometimes. Don’t always wait for them to visit your lounger or table. You will find if you do that during the week that you will be visited as often as you like. And lastly the Hostess/Host at the YC Restaurant. We always visit on embarkation day and let them know we prefer an early sitting with the same fine Waiter/Server team for every evening during the cruise. It does work. We are not particular with our wines so we don’t bother ‘cultivating’ the Sommelier. He/She may be around the Topsail Lounge for your welcome on embarkation day. Chat him/her up and let them if you would like to be served at dinner each evening. We use the ‘envelope’ method of saying additional thanks at the end of the cruise. Others, use the immediate thank you. I don’t think it matters.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, kelleherdl said:

In our experience you can get yourself off to its best start in Yacht Club starting in the terminal in the Yacht Club area. Be gracious with the Head/AsstHead Butler managing the area. It will be hit or miss you meet the YC Director here. The Head/Asst Head Butler are the NCO’s in the Yacht Club. Also, there will be regular Butlers and Junior Butlers there. Take the time to speak with them. Ask them if they know who your butler will be. They know the room blocks and THEY DO TALK to their colleagues. At your first chance speak with the Concierge or Asst Concierges at the desk.  They can be a great help, particularly if you have any special things you want arranged for the week. Let them know early. The Lounge Butlers in the Topsail Lounge are also important to meet.  They will make your cruise with their smiles and you will generally get drinks ordered your way after your first trip to the Lounge. Our favorite YC staff are the Bar / Grill / Pool staff up at Pool One. You will see most of them at other YC areas throughout the day. We spend most of our cruise up there. Sit at the bar sometimes. Don’t always wait for them to visit your lounger or table. You will find if you do that during the week that you will be visited as often as you like. And lastly the Hostess/Host at the YC Restaurant. We always visit on embarkation day and let them know we prefer an early sitting with the same fine Waiter/Server team for every evening during the cruise. It does work. We are not particular with our wines so we don’t bother ‘cultivating’ the Sommelier. He/She may be around the Topsail Lounge for your welcome on embarkation day. Chat him/her up and let them if you would like to be served at dinner each evening. We use the ‘envelope’ method of saying additional thanks at the end of the cruise. Others, use the immediate thank you. I don’t think it matters.

Professor you just gave away secrets that took a lifetime to cultivate.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

14 hours ago, Linda W. said:

As for the wine, no it wasn’t $50.00 wine but our waiter made sure we found something we liked at dinner.

Experts from the wine industry will tell you that there is a quality difference between a $3 bottle of wine and a $10 bottle of wine, but there is no difference between a $20 and $200 in terms of quality. It really is only personal taste and the name of the winery and demand of cause. 

On 3/2/2024 at 7:37 AM, morpheusofthesea said:

I do not see myself as wine expert, but I am able to tell you which is the MSC house wine Cab Sauv when blind tasting it with some $10 wines 🙂

But yes, if it comes to discern the $10 wine from the $50 wine, 9 out of 10 will fail. Or more 😄

• Like 2

Although we have enjoyed the Yacht Club, we do not think that the price difference with a balcony cabin is justifiable for us. If we have the choice of paying about US 5000 for a cruise on a balcony cabin, we do not feel that US 12.000 for the same cruise on Yacht Club is good value for money. 

• Like 2

We never paid anywhere near $12,000 for a YC deluxe suite. The most we paid for an 11 nighter was $8300. Most were about $5300.00. (Unless you book RS.)

We started with YC and would never do anything other than that.  Have 8 done and 6 more booked. 

• Like 2