Retreat Lounge vs Michael’s Club

Mark_K

Posted (edited)

Do they both have beer/soft drinks available throughout the day?

Other than decor, any other differences?

I will be on Eclipse if it matters.

TIA

Edited by Mark_K

6 minutes ago, cruisestitch said:

New name, same services

On Eclipse in Michaels the ‘Gourmet Lite Bites’ were nuts - only nuts!

• Haha 1

I don't know about the Eclipse specifically but they have not added the self-serve beverage cooler to all of the Michael's Clubs.  On the Constellation for example, any drinks you want, you need to ask for from a bartender, and although the bar is staffed a lot of hours throughout the day it isn't 24/7.

• Like 1

Night and day difference in our experiences in the Eclipse (Michael's) in October, and the Apex (Retreat Lounge) in early March.

Some seem to like Michaels, but for our money it was way too isolated, enclosed and plain boring.  The Retreat Lounge was bright and vibrant and staffed by several terrific people who made the experience even better.  The availability of drinks from the coolers and snacks was a big plus as well, as was the convenience of the location relative to the pool deck and Luminae.

• Like 2

They have the exact same services but are very different.

1.   In Michael's Club they do not have a Hot/Cold table for Continental Breakfast and evening Snacks.     In MC you have a menu for both and a serve will deliver them to you.   In Retreat it is self service.

2.  Decor is different   Dark Paneled Club decor vs Light and contemporary.

3.   Comfort -  Retreat has the most uncomfortable, hard and unusable furniture --  e.g. small table for tea that can't hold a teapot, cups and plate.     Chairs so low or tilted back at an angle you can hardly get out.   Won't even go into the original Munchkin Chairs that were eventually replaced and sent to the kids club.

4.   Bars-  On S-Class The Micahels Club have an actual bar with seats so you can sit and talk with other and chat with the bar tender.   Retreat -  they removed the seating and the bar is only a service area -  they do have a couple high tops in the alcove windows on M-Class.

5.   Retreat has more of a feel of an Airport Lounge vs a Club type intimacy

Just my 2 cents worth. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

We were disappointed in Michael’s Club on Eclipse last December. And I’d guess most Retreat guests agreed with me. It was empty most of the time. No fun bar action, no snack menu offered. Dark, gloomy, and empty. No fun.