Booking excursions

Guiderlong

I can’t figure out how to book excursions.  I know to go to my account, go reservations, go to specific day, and find the list of excursions.  There is no place on the particular tour that states “book” or “purchase.”

When you see the list of excursions "available " (marked in green) and the price for the tour, it should show "Reserve" on the bottom right of each excursion.  Only if the cruise is a very long time in the future should you have the problem you are describing.  

If you have already booked restaurant reservations, the excursions should be available to reserve.

• Like 2

Just figured it out.  After selecting an excursion, hit “join the wait list.”  You have to hit that button even though the excursion says “available.”  It then says you have reserved the excursion and it shows on your daily schedule.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/2/2024 at 8:52 AM, Guiderlong said:

Just figured it out.  After selecting an excursion, hit “join the wait list.”  You have to hit that button even though the excursion says “available.”  It then says you have reserved the excursion and it shows on your daily schedule.

Did you confirm that this is correct? I just did the same but it seems a bit odd to offer only “Join the Waitlist” and then it goes to “Booked” and displays on the calendar

My mom, husband and I will be sailing for our first time on Crystal on June 22, 2025 to Northern Europe and the Baltic.  We booked this through a travel agent.  Can anyone advise where I can view the available shore excursions?  I can see a couple in Amsterdam, but not in any other ports on the website.  Am I looking too soon?

rsmakowski

If you go to your itinerary on the Crystal web Site and this link should get you there.

https://www.crystalcruises.com/cruises/none-csy-009-250622?menu=itinerary

To the left of the + symbol for some of the ports you will see excursions. Now these are ones that likely will be offered and probably carry over ones from 2023/2024. In time they will add the rest.

You will not see prices.

Under my account which you should set up where you provide passenger information 120 days before the cruise you will be able to make various reservations (specialty restaurant, spa, salon and shore excursion) you will see the ones that are being offered and the price and you can make the reservations. You just can't see these until they open up 120 days before your cruise and you have made final payment which normally is 120 days prior to the cruise unless a longer cruise where an earlier final payment is required.

Keith 

Appreciate the help, Keith! 

Any recommendations for excursions in Kristiansand or Aarhus; if you have been to either? I'll be 59, my husband 49 and my mom a VERY spry 84 (altitude hiking is probably not an option for her; walking up to 6 miles is probably her max).

Looks like getting transport from Zeebrugge to Bruges is the best option there and the rigid inflatable boat to see Lysefjord from port Stavanger is a must do, but any suggestions are appreciated in those ports too.  We have never been to the Baltic Sea.  

I've been on Royal 11 times, going to Alaska on Celebrity (1st time) this July.  2025 will be my 1st Crystal (should be a real treat by comparison).

@rsmakowski I predict that you and your family will love Crystal and the itinerary! 🙂

I suggest that you read the threads on the Ports of Call forum here on Cruise Critic to get some really great targeted information about your ports and possible excursions available.  You will get input from a larger group than only here on the Crystal Forum.  Many of the cruise lines offer the same or similar excursions in ports so that information could also pertain to Crystal.  Of course, other online sites such as TripAdvisor are great too!

Here's the Northern Europe/Baltics/Western Europe Belgium Forum link on Cruise Critic

Europe Cruises Q&A: Find Tips & Recommendations - Cruise Critic Message Board Forums

Have fun planning!

~Nancy

8 hours ago, rsmakowski said:

Appreciate the help, Keith! 

Any recommendations for excursions in Kristiansand or Aarhus; if you have been to either? I'll be 59, my husband 49 and my mom a VERY spry 84 (altitude hiking is probably not an option for her; walking up to 6 miles is probably her max).

Looks like getting transport from Zeebrugge to Bruges is the best option there and the rigid inflatable boat to see Lysefjord from port Stavanger is a must do, but any suggestions are appreciated in those ports too.  We have never been to the Baltic Sea.  

I've been on Royal 11 times, going to Alaska on Celebrity (1st time) this July.  2025 will be my 1st Crystal (should be a real treat by comparison).

Nancy has it right. I would visit the Northern Europe Ports of Call Board and CC's sister site Trip Advisor.  I find both very helpful whether or not it is a new port for us of one we've been to before but want to get new ideas.

Keith