New CDC Guidelines

The CDC just announced that the 5-day quarantine requirement for COVID has been changed.  They now say that if you no longer have a fever and test negative for COVID after having COVID, you are no longer contagious and do not need to be quarantined.

Do you think cruise lines will follow this new CDC guideline?

Cruise lines don't require testing.  People have already been following similar protocols on their own.  The cruise line only knows if you go to medical and tell them.  I don't know if they even have tests in medical anymore.  It's no different than the flu and these new protocols have been talked about for a while.  Last time I was sick I didn't test for anything.  Most ER's and Dr's don't bother testing.  They've been telling people if you're sick, stay home.

• Like 2

It's amazing how peoples attitude towards Covid has changed - even with respect to maintaining their vaccination status.  Here's what the CDC says...

The percent of the population reporting receipt of the updated 2023-24 COVID-19 vaccine is 13.1% (95% confidence interval: 12.5-13.7) for children and 22.2% (21.7-22.7) for adults 18+, including 41.5% (40.2-42.9) among adults age 65+.

8 hours ago, mnocket said:

It's amazing how peoples attitude towards Covid has changed - even with respect to maintaining their vaccination status.  Here's what the CDC says...

The percent of the population reporting receipt of the updated 2023-24 COVID-19 vaccine is 13.1% (95% confidence interval: 12.5-13.7) for children and 22.2% (21.7-22.7) for adults 18+, including 41.5% (40.2-42.9) among adults age 65+.

Mine never changed.  I never tested except to cruise and only got the first three shots.  I know a lot of people who did the same.  Not sure what your point is anyway.

• Like 3