Wonder of the Seas -- Traditional Dining Question

6 minutes ago, Starry Eyes said:

I’ve told you what I have experienced on multiple Wonder cruises.  

And I've told you what I've experienced. They are not the same. We will have to just deal with that. LOL.

On 3/4/2024 at 12:29 PM, leaveitallbehind said:

I think @firefly333 touched on the concern in terms of holding up service.  But I am going to take it another direction as you indicate that you will be at a table for two.  The scheduled times are not just for the convenience of the passengers, they are also to keep a pace for the servers and preparers as there are other scheduled times to follow yours. 

If you are consistently late you will be compressing the timing of the servers who will already, as example, be serving appetizers to the rest of the room when you are just arriving.  This, IMO, could be inconsiderate to the servers who now will have to alter the intended pace to accommodate you.

If you don't want to consistently arrive until 5:15 or 5:30, my suggestion would be to consider scheduling My Time Dining, so that you can arrive at your convenience.  You also can just arrive at MTD without reservations and wait until a table opens.

So ... Let's say your servers have 8-10 tables..? Your assertion is that the food for all 10 tables will arrive and be served simultaneously for the convenience of the server . I respectfully disagree , and assert that if the servers tables randomly seated themselves at slightly different times  , (In a reasonable 15-20 minute time span) , that the servers would have a much easier time serving in a timely manner .

Cheers... And Bon Appetit

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, LobsterStalker said:

So ... Let's say your servers have 8-10 tables..? Your assertion is that the food for all 10 tables will arrive and be served simultaneously for the convenience of the server . I respectfully disagree , and assert that if the servers tables randomly seated themselves at slightly different times  , (In a reasonable 15-20 minute time span) , that the servers would have a much easier time serving in a timely manner .

Cheers... And Bon Appetit

Then why do they have fixed seating times?  What you are describing is the alternative with MTD. And yes, with fixed dining the courses are prepared at about the same time and are intended to be served simultaneously table to table with fixed dining.  At least that is how it has been in the 50+ cruises we have been on when we have used the MDR with fixed seating.

Edited by leaveitallbehind

We got off Wonder on Sunday.  We had 5:00 early dining and were seated at a able for 6 people.  The other couples came the first night but skipped lots of nights.  The second evening when we were alone at our table at about 5:20, the head waiter asked if we'd like company.  I asked if it would be MTD people and he said yes.  We said sure because we'd love other people to talk to.  We told him to feel free to seat others with us any night the table wasn't full.

• Like 1