Resilient Lady money deducted AFTER cruise finished

Patsy1921

Beware!  Two weeks after we returned home from our Athens to Sydney cruise, VV deducted US414.50 from my credit card.  I have tried calling and emailing & they have blamed the travel agent, said it was the holding deposit, various reasons,   blah blah blah.  I put in a dispute through my bank & VV disputed this!!.  We really loved our cruise but how could we ever trust them again?  Has anyone else had this sort of problem??

49 minutes ago, Patsy1921 said:

Beware!  Two weeks after we returned home from our Athens to Sydney cruise, VV deducted US414.50 from my credit card.  I have tried calling and emailing & they have blamed the travel agent, said it was the holding deposit, various reasons,   blah blah blah.  I put in a dispute through my bank & VV disputed this!!.  We really loved our cruise but how could we ever trust them again?  Has anyone else had this sort of problem??

Sounds like your issue is with the travel agent. 

12 hours ago, Patsy1921 said:

I have tried calling and emailing & they have blamed the travel agent, said it was the holding deposit, various reasons,

The amount you describe sounds like the balance of an MNVV Deposit where you purchased an MNVV from a TA who may not have paid the rest of the 20% deposit for whatever reason. That should have resulted in your cruise being cancelled. Any missing deposit amount should have resulted in your cruise being cancelled. 

Your TA should be able to provide a clear explanation because there is absolutely no reason for you to have been charged for a 'deposit' after the cruise has been completed. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CruisingWalter said:

The amount you describe sounds like the balance of an MNVV Deposit where you purchased an MNVV from a TA who may not have paid the rest of the 20% deposit for whatever reason. That should have resulted in your cruise being cancelled. Any missing deposit amount should have resulted in your cruise being cancelled. 

Your TA should be able to provide a clear explanation because there is absolutely no reason for you to have been charged for a 'deposit' after the cruise has been completed. 

Hi Walter the TA spent 20 mins on the ph to VV today and couldn’t get a proper answer either.  For four months VV has been “looking into it”

17 hours ago, Patsy1921 said:

VV disputed this!!.  

If VV disputed it, they had to have given evidence of the charge to do so.

Ask your bank for the evidence they gave, and then you'll know.