Roll Calls Navigator of the Seas - just posted for 7/22/24 sailing

Hello,

It's been a few years since I've been involved in a Roll Call.  We've met some of our fellow cruisers on roll calls before cruises in the past - hoping we can do so on this upcoming cruise.  If you're sailing 7/22/24 on Navigator - come check out the roll call!

Jerie

Seems to me that roll call threads have taken a real nose dive in people posting on them. Have 11 cruises booked only 4 with roll calls. Three of them with 5 or less posts. Not sure why but maybe because meet and mingles are gone?

Thanks- yep - definitely different now!  Last cruise was 4 years ago through the Panama Canal - on a different line, and the roll call was very active.  Year before that was Alaska - we met some great people on that roll call as well.  Oh well- thought I'd try....

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, looking4info said:

Not sure why but maybe because meet and mingles are gone?

IMO that would be a big reason as in the years past that was the primary function of the RC and gaining the required numbers to confirm a formal M&M.  Now, as @kruzerci points out, most people just organize their own on FB. 

In our experience, the M&M's towards the end were poorly attended and not what they were many years ago. We stopped attending ourselves quite some time ago opting, if we really wanted to meet anyone, for the more informally planned ones.  The pandemic killed them altogether.  They were never reinstated with the restart.

Edited by leaveitallbehind
  • Like 1