Drink with dinner

Grace61

Posted (edited)
On 3/6/2024 at 9:16 PM, KreinKrunker said:

This is the advantage of having the same servers every night.  It's always nice to sit down to the drink of your choice.

If you’ve asked for that, it’s great. 

Edited by Torfamm

10 hours ago, Auntiejo said:

Same. Most of the time, it takes forever to get a cocktail or glass of wine in the MDR. So we usually stop by our fave bar en route to dinner and walk into dinner, drink in hand. Sometimes hubbs even runs out to Good spirits during dinner to get round 2 for our dinner because the drinks there are so superior 🤷‍♀️

Exactly this!  We love Good Spirits.

On 3/6/2024 at 11:25 AM, 57eric said:

You should be OK in the MDR with your first round.  Keep your delivery expectations low for any subsequent drink orders.

I take it Princess doesn’t have sommeliers in the main dining room. Or at least not ones that pour for you. How about in the reserve dining area?

21 minutes ago, Mark_K said:

I take it Princess doesn’t have sommeliers in the main dining room. Or at least not ones that pour for you. How about in the reserve dining area?

When I was on the Discovery Princess in October, there were three somms on board. 

On our October/November cruises there was a waiter taking drink orders as soon as we sat down. They weren't taking dinner orders. All drinks both with dinner and after dinner were delivered in a timely manner. During dinner we were asked each time if we wanted another glass of wine even though our initial glasses weren't yet empty. We have actually not had issues with delayed wine or drinks in MDR since the restart. We've sailed 91 days since the restart.

I agree with @AlibearNS that ordering via the app does not work in MDR - pretty much the only place it doesn't work. Like others we sometimes take a glass of wine with us to dinner but other times we wait and just order from the waiter in MDR.