Newbie questions

NewAtSea2024

6 hours ago, Markanddonna said:

We just finished a cruise on Seashore today. We are diamond and getting perks required some reminders. Our steward took no responsibility for our perks. Never got robes and slippers. The crew on this ship was overall the weakest we have ever seen . Worst steward and MDR server in our 26 cruise experience. Hope msc sees this.

That's unfortunate. I was on the Divina last month and our prosecco and macarons were waiting in our room when we arrived. Robes and slippers arrived with our first evening turndown service that first night. String backpacks arrived on day 2 or 3 (it was an 11-day). Our invitation to the Diamond party came several days ahead of the actual party, which was the last full day of the cruise. You should definitely put something in your post-cruise survey as well as your review.

4 minutes ago, JamieLogical said:

That's unfortunate. I was on the Divina last month and our prosecco and macarons were waiting in our room when we arrived. Robes and slippers arrived with our first evening turndown service that first night. String backpacks arrived on day 2 or 3 (it was an 11-day). Our invitation to the Diamond party came several days ahead of the actual party, which was the last full day of the cruise. You should definitely put something in your post-cruise survey as well as your review.

No bag, just a tiny msc pin. No bath robes, slippers either. Seashore is a ship where you can't generalize. Breakfast and lunch food in buffet very good. Food in dinner MDR, meh. Lunch meals very good.

Theater entertainment excellent. In lounges spotty. Terrible featured singers in Cabernet lounge. Band there excellent. Our server and room attendant very disappointing. Customer service very good...

What things can I remove from my luggage?
- Gel?
- Shampoo?
- Hand soap ?
- Hair dryer ? (How is the MSC hair dryer? Does it have enough power? The ones in some hotels look like a toy).

Is there anything else I can avoid?

Regarding "hair straighteners", can they be brought onto the boat or not? I have read both options

How many suitcases can fit in the cabin closets properly organized? (for comparison, indicate if you are talking about airplane cabin suitcases, suitcases up to 20 kg, etc...)

Thank you

3 minutes ago, alserrod said:

- Gel?
- Shampoo?
- Hand soap ?
- Hair dryer ? (How is the MSC hair dryer? Does it have enough power? The ones in some hotels look like a toy).

Bring your own shampoo unless you accept very generic stuff. Dryers are ok but you have to keep your finger on the button. 

They have shower gel and hand soap. Liquid 

Regarding "hair straighteners", can they be brought onto the boat or not? I have read both options

I bring a curling iron.

How many suitcases can fit in the cabin closets properly organized? (for comparison, indicate if you are talking about airplane cabin suitcases, suitcases up to 20 kg, etc...)

two suitcases are best, kept under the bed. You have to haul it around at disembarking so keep that in mind. Msc disembarkation is a really long line that wraps around the ship in a maze if you do self express disembark. Most msc cruisers do express walkoff.

Thank you

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, alserrod said:

- Gel?
- Shampoo?
- Hand soap ?

Thank you

Shampoo and body wash are supplied in the shower (not conditioner) and liquid handsoap is provided by the sink. Can't give you any advice about the hairdryer except to say that there is one.

Which ship and cabin type are you sailing? That will help us provide accurate information about storage. Typically I store my unpacked suitcases under the bed. Are you asking about whether the actual suitcases will fit in the closet or how much clothing will fit in the closet?

Thank you both!!!

About shampoo... I will tell it to relatives. I do not matter about the shampoo, air dryer or so but my wife and daughters surely will do!!!

I am travelling in a big family group. Single cabins (no suites nor YC).

I was really asking about clothes in the closet. I bet there will be any solution to suitcases.

I usually travel with few baggage, and in summer it is really easy. Last years, for more than one week all my clothes fitted in a cabin-suitcase. 

But... it was all casual clothes. I suspect I will add "something" for a cruise and I was wondering "how much" I could add.

That was the reason about asking it in number of cabin-suitcases, 20kg-suitcases or so...

2 minutes ago, alserrod said:

Thank you both!!!

About shampoo... I will tell it to relatives. I do not matter about the shampoo, air dryer or so but my wife and daughters surely will do!!!

I am travelling in a big family group. Single cabins (no suites nor YC).

I was really asking about clothes in the closet. I bet there will be any solution to suitcases.

I usually travel with few baggage, and in summer it is really easy. Last years, for more than one week all my clothes fitted in a cabin-suitcase. 

But... it was all casual clothes. I suspect I will add "something" for a cruise and I was wondering "how much" I could add.

That was the reason about asking it in number of cabin-suitcases, 20kg-suitcases or so...

Which ship?

58 minutes ago, alserrod said:

- Gel?
- Shampoo?
- Hand soap ?

Thank you

I really hope hair straighteners and curling irons are allowed. I am bringing both on our upcoming sailing.  Better to be in carryon or dropped off luggage?

20 minutes ago, JamieLogical said:

I've never been on the Seaview, but here is a youtube video I just found that does a good job of showing both sides of the closet in a balcony cabin around the 4:30 mark:

Thank you very much for the video.

There are some tips I have learned

19 minutes ago, Markanddonna said:

Ask the cabin attendant for more hangers. I bring post it notes and leave requests on the mirror or bed.

Good to know.

I was wondering if someone has any tip to storage all the clothes without being crazy. Is there anything I can carry to help me?

7 minutes ago, AmbitionatBay said:

I really hope hair straighteners and curling irons are allowed. I am bringing both on our upcoming sailing.  Better to be in carryon or dropped off luggage?

I am afraid... I guess they are not allowed

23 minutes ago, alserrod said:

Thank you very much for the video.

There are some tips I have learned

Good to know.

I was wondering if someone has any tip to storage all the clothes without being crazy. Is there anything I can carry to help me?

I am afraid... I guess they are not allowed

Everything I just read said they are allowed. Just regular irons are not allowed. 

41 minutes ago, AmbitionatBay said:

You can't bring irons. Hair styling devices are okay. Never had a problem. Put it in checked.

10 hours ago, Markanddonna said:

We just finished a cruise on Seashore today. We are diamond and getting perks required some reminders. Our steward took no responsibility for our perks. Never got robes and slippers. The crew on this ship was overall the weakest we have ever seen . Worst steward and MDR server in our 26 cruise experience. Hope msc sees this.

I had the same problem with my steward on Anthem of the Seas last week! 

On 3/8/2024 at 6:38 PM, JamieLogical said:

On the Meraviglia, it's fairly large. I would try once onboard. Tickets can be purchased at the specialty dining reservations desk in Ocean Cay and Butcher's Cut.

Where do I  make reservations for the thermal spa? We are Aurea and have access but figured on sea days I should make reservation.  Is the reservation by the day or hour?