Newbie questions

NewAtSea2024

Specific to the Seascape

Nonalcoholic Beverage Package

The package is non-descript.

What are "non alcoholic cocktails"? Would that include virgin frozen drinks?

What are Fresh Fruit and Protein Cocktails?

It talks about "Flavored Water" - what is that - more buffet dispensers? 

Can I get bottled water from the bars?

What is a "wide range of hot drinks?" Are those bar drinks? Specialty Coffees? Just the regular coffee dispenser in the buffet?

MyChoice Dining

How do I make reservations?

Do I need a reservation every night?

Can I just walk-in?

Entertianment

On the Seascape, what entertainment do I need to book?

3 minutes ago, NewAtSea2024 said:

Specific to the Seascape

What is a "wide range of hot drinks?" Are those bar drinks? Specialty Coffees? Just the regular coffee dispenser in the buffet?

MyChoice Dining

Can I just walk-in?

Entertianment

I can't answer your first question, but I can tell you that for My Choice dining, you do just walk in. Aurea will have its own assigned dining room. For entertainment, you book through the app or the touchscreens around the ship once onboard. You cannot book before boarding.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, NewAtSea2024 said:

Specific to the Seascape

MyChoice Dining

Can I just walk-in?

Entertianment

Hi, @NewAtSea2024

It applies for all MSC cruises

1- Drinks

In all bars/pubs you will see the drinks menu and they will point "included in Easy pack". 

Nevertheless, all drinks up to 8$ or 7€

If you ask anything extra

- you will have to sign a receipt (you accept the charge about the drink you have requested)

- you will pay difference in most of cases. This is, if a frozen drink costs 10$, you will pay 2$ (the difference over 8$ included in the Easy pack) PLUS 15% gratuities. Thus you will pay 2,30$ (after having payed Easy pack) for it

- there are some drinks where you will not pay the difference but the whole amount. For instance champagne and special beers.

All soda and water is included in Easy Pack

2- If you have "Aurea Experience" you can choose dinning time.

One reservation everyday (and time can be the same or different than yesterday dinner).

For instance, if you want to dinner today at 19:00, you book for it. If tomorrow we have a call with "all on board" by 19:00 and you will prefer to dinner at 20:00. there's no problem

Providing a vessel with three dinner shifts at 18:00, 20:00 and 22:00, these are options you can choose

- Bella experience

You will be booked on a restaurant and a shift. You cannot choose the shift (it is the cheapest but if you want to have dinner at 18:00 and you are assigned at 22:00.... I am sorry. Otherwise, if you want to have dinner at 18:00 and you are assigned at 18:00.... fine and cheaper)

- Fantastica experience

You will choose a dinner time and it will be the same for all the cruise (same restaurant, same table, same time). This is, if you want to have dinner at 18:00, choose it and you will have it. If you prefer 20:00, say it when booking, and so on.

- Aurea experience

You can choose every day but you have to book

- Yacht club

Just drive in

3- There will be three passes for the daily show in the theatre.

You must book for it.

You will book an entrance, not a seat. First to arrive (over people who have booked), first to seat

No drinks allowed on theatre (you cannot take a cocktail while waiting)

Five minutes before show everyone in the queue is accepted. This is.... if you couldn't book, you can go to the queue. Surely someone will forget to arrive on time. If you booked and you forget to be five or more minutes before, seat is gone

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, alserrod said:

Hi, @NewAtSea2024

1- Drinks

In all bars/pubs you will see the drinks menu and they will point "included in Easy pack". 

- you will have to sign a receipt (you accept the charge about the drink you have requested)

- you will pay difference in most of cases. This is, if a frozen drink costs 10$, you will pay 2$ (the difference over 8$ included in the Easy pack) PLUS 15% gratuities. Thus you will pay 2,30$ (after having payed Easy pack) for it

- there are some drinks where you will not pay the difference but the whole amount. For instance champagne and special beers.

One reservation everyday (and time can be the same or different than yesterday dinner).

For instance, if you want to dinner today at 19:00, you book for it. If tomorrow we have a call with "all on board" by 19:00 and you will prefer to dinner at 20:00. there's no problem

Providing a vessel with three dinner shifts at 18:00, 20:00 and 22:00, these are options you can choose

- Bella experience

You will be booked on a restaurant and a shift. You cannot choose the shift (it is the cheapest but if you want to have dinner at 18:00 and you are assigned at 22:00.... I am sorry. Otherwise, if you want to have dinner at 18:00 and you are assigned at 18:00.... fine and cheaper)

- Fantastica experience

You will choose a dinner time and it will be the same for all the cruise (same restaurant, same table, same time). This is, if you want to have dinner at 18:00, choose it and you will have it. If you prefer 20:00, say it when booking, and so on.

- Aurea experience

- Yacht club

Just drive in

You must book for it.

You will book an entrance, not a seat. First to arrive (over people who have booked), first to seat

Five minutes before show everyone in the queue is accepted. This is.... if you couldn't book, you can go to the queue. Surely someone will forget to arrive on time. If you booked and you forget to be five or more minutes before, seat is gone

you described the easy drink package, but the OP was asking about the non alcoholic package.  do you know the details of that package?

12 hours ago, alserrod said:

I guess you mean about this document

MSC Guía de Bebidas Todo incluido.pdf 837.4 kB · 9 downloads

Yes. That is the document. My question was "What does it mean when they say "non alcoholic cocktails", "Fresh Fruit and Protein Cocktails", "Flavored Water", "wide range of hot drinks?"

Are they mixing bar drinks with those you can get at the buffet? Is Specialty Coffees included? Bottled water?

2 hours ago, NewAtSea2024 said:

Another question, If I have a Aurea Experience suite and want to go to the Thermal Spa, can I just go whenever I want, or do I have to book an appointment with the Spa to enter?

It depends on how full your sailing is, but reservations are likely recommended.

1 hour ago, JamieLogical said:

I hope you have an amazing cruise!

How large is the Carousel Lounge?  I tried to get 2 tickets for the Rock Show and they told me it was sold out.  We sail in 2 weeks.

Just now, AmbitionatBay said:

How large is the Carousel Lounge?  I tried to get 2 tickets for the Rock Show and they told me it was sold out.  We sail in 2 weeks.

On the Meraviglia, it's fairly large. I would try once onboard. Tickets can be purchased at the specialty dining reservations desk in Ocean Cay and Butcher's Cut.

3 minutes ago, JamieLogical said:

On the Meraviglia, it's fairly large. I would try once onboard. Tickets can be purchased at the specialty dining reservations desk in Ocean Cay and Butcher's Cut.

Thanks - I will def try once on board. Forgot to say we are on Meraviglia.

On 3/7/2024 at 7:10 PM, NewAtSea2024 said:

Yes. That is the document. My question was "What does it mean when they say "non alcoholic cocktails", "Fresh Fruit and Protein Cocktails", "Flavored Water", "wide range of hot drinks?"

Are they mixing bar drinks with those you can get at the buffet? Is Specialty Coffees included? Bottled water?

Buffet drinks are free for everyone, so they would not be listed as included in a drink package.  The hot drinks include coffees (what else would it be?) Yes bottled water is included in th package.

Your original post asked, ""non alcoholic cocktails"? Would that include virgin frozen drinks?" and it seems pretty obvious to me that it is. You can find bar menus online, where they list the non-alcoholic beverages available (look at the virgin drinks section). This site will probably answer many of your questions: MSC Bar Menus and Drink Prices 2024

Flavored water is presumably bottled flavored water like vitaminwater brand stuff. I do not see that listed on the menus.

Posted (edited)
On 3/7/2024 at 4:43 AM, alserrod said:

Hi, @NewAtSea2024

1- Drinks

- Bella experience

- Fantastica experience

- Aurea experience

- Yacht club

Just drive in

You must book for it.

I am new to MSC as well. I sail next Monday. I booked the Bella but my dining info says... Type: My Choice, Restaurant: Any.... does this mean I can got to any restaurant at any time?

Easy Plus Package was included. I'm assuming any monies I pay would be the difference between $10 and the cost of the drink I choose as well as an 18% gratuity.

Also, it's my understanding my RC Diamond+ status is now matched to Elite. What are the perks that come with the Elite status I don't want to miss out on?

Thanks in advance!

Edited by rrraydon

41 minutes ago, rrraydon said:

I am new to MSC as well. I sail next Monday. I booked the Bella but my dining info says... Type: My Choice, Restaurant: Any.... does this mean I can got to any restaurant at any time?

Easy Plus Package was included. I'm assuming any monies I pay would be the difference between $10 and the cost of the drink I choose as well as an 18% gratuity.

Also, it's my understanding my RC Diamond+ status is now matched to Elite. What are the perks that come with the Elite status I don't want to miss out on?

Thanks in advance!

You will find out your dining time, room, and table when you get your keycard. Depending on your sailing/ship, that will either be at check-in or hanging from your door handle of your stateroom. My Choice dining is for Aurea only, but the app has been known to erroneously show it for other experiences before boarding.

Easy Plus covers all drinks up to $10 and you are correct that you only pay the difference plus gratuity of you order a drink outside of that.

"Elite" is not a status on MSC, so maybe you are referring to Diamond? You should be able to see your Voyager's Club status when you log into the website and it should also be printed somewhere in your eDocs. Diamond gets a few nice perks, the biggest of which is one free specialty dinner in the restaurant of your choice. You will be limited to the same choices from the menu as someone who has a specialty dining package. You will also get robes and slippers in your stateroom, complimentary prosecco and macarons at some point during the sailing in your room, an invitation to a party with the ship's officers, and 1priority embarkation and disembarkation.

46 minutes ago, rrraydon said:

Thanks in advance!

Bella usually has fixed assigned dining.  It will be printed on your cruise card.  You will also be limited to one MDR.  You don’t say how long your cruise is, nor what ship.  Last August they were trying out My Choice dining for everyone assigned to the lower MDR (Seaside).  EM

1 hour ago, Essiesmom said:

Bella usually has fixed assigned dining.  It will be printed on your cruise card.  You will also be limited to one MDR.  You don’t say how long your cruise is, nor what ship.  Last August they were trying out My Choice dining for everyone assigned to the lower MDR (Seaside).  EM

Sorry, it's Magnifica for 5 days. 

1 hour ago, JamieLogical said:

You will find out your dining time, room, and table when you get your keycard. Depending on your sailing/ship, that will either be at check-in or hanging from your door handle of your stateroom. My Choice dining is for Aurea only, but the app has been known to erroneously show it for other experiences before boarding.

Easy Plus covers all drinks up to $10 and you are correct that you only pay the difference plus gratuity of you order a drink outside of that.

"Elite" is not a status on MSC, so maybe you are referring to Diamond? You should be able to see your Voyager's Club status when you log into the website and it should also be printed somewhere in your eDocs. Diamond gets a few nice perks, the biggest of which is one free specialty dinner in the restaurant of your choice. You will be limited to the same choices from the menu as someone who has a specialty dining package. You will also get robes and slippers in your stateroom, complimentary prosecco and macarons at some point during the sailing in your room, an invitation to a party with the ship's officers, and 1priority embarkation and disembarkation.

Sorry, I did use the incorrect status reference--I'm Gold under the Voyager Club.

Luckily, I'm solo on this one--I'm ok with whichever dining time.

9 hours ago, rrraydon said:

Sorry, I did use the incorrect status reference--I'm Gold under the Voyager Club.

Luckily, I'm solo on this one--I'm ok with whichever dining time.

Ah, Gold doesn't get a lot of the goodies I mentioned. Here is the full listing of benefits based on level:

https://www.msccruisesusa.com/manage-booking/msc-voyagers-club

We just finished a cruise on Seashore today. We are diamond and getting perks required some reminders. Our steward took no responsibility for our perks. Never got robes and slippers. The crew on this ship was overall the weakest we have ever seen . Worst steward and MDR server in our 26 cruise experience. Hope msc sees this.

4 hours ago, Markanddonna said:

Worst steward and MDR server in our 26 cruise experience. Hope msc sees this.

It's more likely MSC would see an official review on this site, or through their post cruise survey if you get that email questionnaire.

17 hours ago, rrraydon said:

Thanks in advance!

Yes EXCEPT for champagne and special beers where you will pay the full cost

• Like 1