Live From Celebrity Constellation 3/11-3/23

17 minutes ago, jam19872016 said:

Today is Mexican day in the buffet. Not a fan of Mexican food but I'm gonna take a look. If my mom is still recouping I may go get my coffee first.

I always like the chicken fajitas, guacamole, pico de gallo, flour tortillas and a cold cerveza or two. Yum, yummy. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, jam19872016 said:

Perhaps clotted cream is just not legal to import?  My girlfriends and I frequently visit a tea room in NY and there is no shortage of clotted cream.  It is more of a thing that is made fresh so I doubt anyone would want to import the stuff sold in jars anyway.

I have no problem getting Devon Clotted Cream from Amazon or my local Whole Foods. It has a short shelf life, even sealed. I can't remember if its as good as I had in the UK - its been too long, and my taste buds, like my hearing, have worn out.

I

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, rbelshaw said:

I can't remember if its as good as I had in the UK - its been too long, and my taste buds, like my hearing, have worn out.

Love it and I am right there with you.

1 hour ago, doghog said:

I always like the chicken fajitas, guacamole, pico de gallo, flour tortillas and a cold cerveza or two. Yum, yummy. 

I'm just not a big Mexican food person.  The burritos were good but could have benefited from some salsa which I did not see any available unless I went to the nacho stand. 

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, rbelshaw said:

I have no problem getting Devon Clotted Cream from Amazon or my local Whole Foods. It has a short shelf life, even sealed. I can't remember if its as good as I had in the UK - its been too long, and my taste buds, like my hearing, have worn out.

I

https://www.foodrepublic.com/1369939/what-is-clotted-cream-illegal-united-states/

Technically it is not clotted cream since it is made with pasteurized milk, although maybe that would be splitting hairs. 

10 minutes ago, jam19872016 said:

https://www.foodrepublic.com/1369939/what-is-clotted-cream-illegal-united-states/

Technically it is not clotted cream since it is made with pasteurized milk, although maybe that would be splitting hairs. 

So, is Stilton Cheese forbidden? Some (though not all) of that is made with unpasteurised milk.

5 minutes ago, exlondoner said:

So, is Stilton Cheese forbidden? Some (though not all) of that is made with unpasteurised milk.

I would say yes although I would imagine they likely just pasteurize it and sell it as Stilton anyway like they do with clotted cream. Like the wines they sell with added preservatives that alter the taste. 

Not hotter than the last few ports but I'm lacking the energy to go back out today even though I would like to wander since I always dock at one of the other two piers.

Enjoying my coffee now then will get some steps in at the gym in lieu of going back outside.

1711051461610909301509693977379.thumb.jpg.a152d1c7efdfbf88d9ccb31683ae78c1.jpg

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, jam19872016 said:

I would say yes although I would imagine they likely just pasteurize it and sell it as Stilton anyway like they do with clotted cream. Like the wines they sell with added preservatives that alter the taste. 

With Stilton, which I eat quite a lot, I can’t tell the difference between pasteurised and not.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, exlondoner said:

Something I haven’t thought to ask: are all your fellow passengers from the US, as far as you can tell?

No. I wouldn't say a lot of Europeans but more than a typical US sailing. Our neighbors at dinner are French.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, exlondoner said:

And are they enjoying the food?

They've kept to themselves. The wife does not speak English and the husband just enough to help his wife order.

• Like 1

Just now, bluewater1298 said:

I don't think anything is better than their tarts. 

I only have one more chance at the red velvet cupcake, I really hope it shows up tomorrow. That was my favorite.

• Like 3