Live From Celebrity Constellation 3/11-3/23

22 minutes ago, jam19872016 said:

For the first time since probably 2015, I don't have anything booked 😪 😲. Even during the 16 month hiatus, I still had cruises on the books just didn't know which one would sail. 

I'm intending to book 1/24/25 on Adventure of the Seas but I'm having trouble applying the cruise next certificate I bought so I am going to place a call on that when i return. If I can find a quiet time at the next cruise desk I am going to see if they can assist.

I will probably sail before then, my birthday is in October and my friend wants to do Utopia of the Seas for her birthday im September but nothing on the books at the moment. 

Add me to the list of people who are disappointed that you are not sailing sooner. I've really enjoyed following you and your mom's adventures (and I'm still reading through that 50+ days voyage).

However, it's probably for the best that you're not sailing too soon. Since I started reading your reviews I have:

- Been obsessed with cake

- Bought cake (it was a tiny one, but I never buy cake)

- Bought the UDP for an upcoming Oasis cruise (but I think I got an ok price for the current times)

So yeah...probably best for my waistline and my wallet 😂

• Like 4

On 3/14/2024 at 6:42 PM, jam19872016 said:

I was falling asleep at dinner. I might be turning in early tonight, this rocking is making my bed sound real nice right now.

I have a feeling it may be the motion sickness pill also.   They have a very similar signature to Benadryl which is used in most over the counter sleeping aids.     They knock me out cold.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, laurieal said:

Add me to the list of people who are disappointed that you are not sailing sooner. I've really enjoyed following you and your mom's adventures (and I'm still reading through that 50+ days voyage).

However, it's probably for the best that you're not sailing too soon. Since I started reading your reviews I have:

- Been obsessed with cake

- Bought cake (it was a tiny one, but I never buy cake)

- Bought the UDP for an upcoming Oasis cruise (but I think I got an ok price for the current times)

So yeah...probably best for my waistline and my wallet 😂

Better for my waistline and wallet as well 😆

I enjoyed the UDP on Oasis but so..much..food. I need it to not go on sale next time so I am not tempted. Full price is too expensive but when I see a bargain the temptation to buy kicks in.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

I have a feeling it may be the motion sickness pill also.   They have a very similar signature to Benadryl which is used in most over the counter sleeping aids.     They knock me out cold.

I've been taking a non drowsy pill or so it claims But my usual knocks me out.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, jam19872016 said:

For the first time since probably 2015, I don't have anything booked 😪 😲. Even during the 16 month hiatus, I still had cruises on the books just didn't know which one would sail. 

I'm intending to book 1/24/25 on Adventure of the Seas but I'm having trouble applying the cruise next certificate I bought so I am going to place a call on that when i return. If I can find a quiet time at the next cruise desk I am going to see if they can assist.

I will probably sail before then, my birthday is in October and my friend wants to do Utopia of the Seas for her birthday im September but nothing on the books at the moment. 

I hope you find a good deal before Sept. I have become addicted. You even got me out of lurk mode. 😜 This is really sad. 🥲

I still laugh 😂 about how we met when boarding the Reflection and I didn't know it was "Mr Live Review" himself I was talking to. I have to say you're a stand up guy in person and also in your reviews. Glad to know you!

• Like 8

5 minutes ago, bluewater1298 said:

I hope you find a good deal before Sept. I have become addicted. You even got me out of lurk mode. 😜 This is really sad. 🥲

I still laugh 😂 about how we met when boarding the Reflection and I didn't know it was "Mr Live Review" himself I was talking to. I have to say you're a stand up guy in person and also in your reviews. Glad to know you!

Thank you 😊 

I enjoyed both mains.

The meatloaf was good but I do prefer the version they had at dinner.  The BBQ sauce had a nice flavor, just slightly sweet without being too sweet. 

The frittata was also good. My mom was eyeing it but I did not share 😀

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

The pecan pie was good. The crusted was nothing special but at least it wasn't dried out. The filling itself was delicious. 

The winner was the cheesecake though. I could go for another but I want to snack at tea time so I'll resist the urge. 

• Like 4

Today would have been a tough choice for me for dessert. I love pecan pie, cheesecake, and mousse - but have to limit myself to one item to save room for the Al Bacon tortes!  Glad you took one for the team and sampled multiple so we have a review!

Sure am going to miss this live after tomorrow.  :(. Two weeks to go for us and and I am already hungry!

• Like 2

Grabbing the suitcase for my mom and my window got hit by a huge wave. My back was turned so I missed it but there was a loud boom and the room was momentarily blacked out.

Scared me half to death as I was not expecting it.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Salt Lifer said:

Today would have been a tough choice for me for dessert. I love pecan pie, cheesecake, and mousse - but have to limit myself to one item to save room for the Al Bacon tortes!  Glad you took one for the team and sampled multiple so we have a review!

Sure am going to miss this live after tomorrow.  :(. Two weeks to go for us and and I am already hungry!

Mousse is mostly air, you could order it and be ok 😀.

Between the other two, as good as the pie was that cheesecake was the clear winner.

Since it takes five sea days to get this menu, I will probably not remember that before I see this menu again.

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, jam19872016 said:

Grabbing the suitcase for my mom and my window got hit by a huge wave. My back was turned so I missed it but there was a loud boom and the room was momentarily blacked out.

Scared me half to death as I was not expecting it.

I saw that movie!  If the ship flips over you need to make your way to the bottom of the ship (now the top) and wait for help.  😄

Edited by Salt Lifer
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Salt Lifer said:

I saw that movie!  If the ship flips over you need to make your way to the bottom of the ship (now the top) and wait for help.  

We've had two safety drills this cruise so we should be prepared 😀

• Like 1

I can see more heavy rain in the distance. If I disappear it is weather related. 

The inside is surprisingly quiet for such an ugly day outside. I wonder if the rocking has put people in their cabin.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, exlondoner said:

That carpet is really ideal for disguising coffee spills.

Some more carpet samples 

20240319_015528.thumb.jpg.758361e39700ab1f82656c8677a0d6bb.jpg

The cabin corridors.

20240318_125752.thumb.jpg.160614423e5a73c92f36b8418b07fc04.jpg

This is the theater and this pattern looks like someone spilled cake which then got smashed into the fabric.

20240321_214700.thumb.jpg.9b00905ef2c65d10bc34b4ad6821c425.jpg

20240321_214703.thumb.jpg.2d89df2af4838e545c33ed9efe0c9a20.jpg

20240321_214712.thumb.jpg.21d67d5de58b0e2be476686fab6ed181.jpg

20240321_214716.thumb.jpg.f06c711efef55605347058aa60013de1.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 6