Live From Celebrity Constellation 3/11-3/23

Just now, exlondoner said:

Thank you. I’m afraid I can’t really say I like them. Some of them look worn and some of them look spilt on, and I’m sure they are neither.

They are kind of boring but no not worn just seems like it due to the beige colors. 

• Like 1

So far the rain is staying off away from us, or more likely the captain is keeping us away from it. 

Deck 4 is closed and the wind I can hear through the window is quite intense.

I'll check out the upper decks when I go up for tea time but I imagine they will be closed off as well.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, jam19872016 said:

Little late opening probably due to weather. Only half is ready so I'll go back up for some sweets when it opens.

1711134994465851752339333478809.thumb.jpg.aad71eb666c5028ff29ad38055797c2a.jpg

The sign says tuna but I think that is salmon.

Looks like salmon to me.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, jam19872016 said:

Grabbing the suitcase for my mom and my window got hit by a huge wave. My back was turned so I missed it but there was a loud boom and the room was momentarily blacked out.

Scared me half to death as I was not expecting it.

stay close to ur life jackets..esp for ur mom!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, exlondoner said:

Thank you. I’m afraid I can’t really say I like them. Some of them look worn and some of them look spilt on, and I’m sure they are neither.

carpets are really odd.. and dizzying!

• Like 4

5 hours ago, jam19872016 said:

I definitely need the button as it still is not holding a charge even after wiping down the connections.

At least it is still under warranty. 

the oh crap button has been deployed!!!

Hugs from Texas

• Like 3

Conditions deteriorated again while I was in the gym. My time on the treadmill included upper body strength training as I hung onto the machine for dear life.

The fog horn is blasting again. 

The ship is taking quite a beating and the sounds of creaks and shutters have reached a level as to be a little uneasy.  Sure there is nothing to worry about, but those sounds are still unsettling. 

Their are deck hands trying to push the water into the drains but they are losing the battle as the final corners of the deck are now covered in water. I've moved back into the solarium.

The covered roof in here is not watertight as rain enters inside here as well. One of the panels appears to be blown off, but it may just have been opened on purpose for some reason.

The wifi is hanging in though.

• Like 4

25 minutes ago, hcat said:

stay close to ur life jackets..esp for ur mom!

I'm sure things are fine.  I'm more concerned with her falling as her balance is already not good.

23 minutes ago, hcat said:

carpets are really odd.. and dizzying!

Here is the gym carpet, dizzying indeed.

20240322_170157.thumb.jpg.3782370a8abf33c323107419e8f0374a.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

25 minutes ago, exlondoner said:

Minor tsunamis on the pools, I imagine.

Outside pools were drained. Oddly the indoor pool was not and is currently a wave pool 😆.

14 minutes ago, princess76021 said:

the oh crap button has been deployed!!!

Hugs from Texas

Thanks! I'm smacking it!

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, bluewater1298 said:

I guess you can say your last day onboard is interesting. I'm sorry you haven't enjoyed smooth sailing. Hope your mother is doing ok.

It's okay I'm not an outside person anyway. I took a pill first thing this morning and it just kept me from feeling ill.

• Like 2

we had a bad storm on Mercury yrs ago  going back to port thru straits of fl(?)   

The ship listed so bad we both fell.out of bed....but the  captain came  on PA in hallway & said stay in rms and remain calm...right!  Glad not in a bunk bed..Tuck your mom in real good and secure the cabin..

Next a.m.,   we learned of many broken dishes in mdr.. staff worked all nite to clean up.  The storm caused  slider doors on main deck to malfunction.. open..major floods  on  main decks.

We sloshed thru breakfast and carefully wheeled our carry-ons  off the ship..   Big delay for those joining!  

Just another cruise adventure! Stay safe!

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, hcat said:

we had a bad storm on Mercury yrs ago  going back to port thru straits of fl(?)   

The ship listed so bad we both fell.out of bed....but the  captain came  on PA in hallway & said stay in rms and remain calm...right!  Glad not in a bunk bed..Tuck your mom in real good and secure the cabin..

Next a.m.,   we learned of many broken dishes in mdr.. staff worked all nite to clean up.  The storm caused  slider doors on main deck to malfunction.. open..major floods  on  main decks.

We sloshed thru breakfast and carefully wheeled our carry-ons  off the ship..   Big delay for those joining!  

Just another cruise adventure! Stay safe!

Sounds like quite the adventure. It's not that bad thankfully. She always hunters down under the covers as I like to keep it quite cold 😆 

• Like 1