Lagoon Villa at GSC

Just booked Jade for a June sailing. There are 5 adults and two 7 year olds, thinking about booking this for the day at GSC in Bahamas!

Anyone do this and can you tell me how it was

5 minutes ago, njkate said:

Just booked Jade for a June sailing. There are 5 adults and two 7 year olds, thinking about booking this for the day at GSC in Bahamas!

Anyone do this and can you tell me how it was

It was amazing. It's like having your own condo

right on the beach and a pool just for villa guests.

Bar service

They will drive you to lunch if you like ( it's a short walk)

TV with free movies in case it rains.

Totally worth it!

we had a blast

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, DrUrsula said:

It was amazing. It's like having your own condo

right on the beach and a pool just for villa guests.

Bar service

They will drive you to lunch if you like ( it's a short walk)

TV with free movies in case it rains.

Totally worth it!

we had a blast

Oh jeez I may not want to leave! I went into my acct and booked it

We got upgraded to a Lagoon Villa when we were there in early 2020. We had booked one of the smaller Villas, but the beach area in front of those was under construction, so we got a complimentary upgrade to a 1-BR villa by the Lagoon. Since there were only 5 of us, we invited another family that we met onboard to join us for the day. 

Having a private bathroom, a place to change, a nice shaded patio with plenty of space for people to sit and hang out, and a very short walk to the lagoon was awesome!

That said, it would depend heavily on the price whether or not we would splurge for a Villa of that size again.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
10 hours ago, cincicruisers said:

What was the cost?

It was $501 after the shore excursion credit and latitude discount! If one was to split cost it wouldn’t be bad! 
GSC is a beach day, I’m not a huge beach fan and with two 7 year olds I decided to get it! It was either that or stay on ship for day but the kids love the beach so Memaw splurged lol. Had it just been adults I would have got off ship to have a look and went back to ship. 

Edited by njkate
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)
On 3/8/2024 at 7:13 AM, njkate said:

It was $501 after the shore excursion credit and latitude discount! If one was to split cost it wouldn’t be bad! 
GSC is a beach day, I’m not a huge beach fan and with two 7 year olds I decided to get it! It was either that or stay on ship for day but the kids love the beach so Memaw splurged lol. Had it just been adults I would have got off ship to have a look and went back to ship. 

Wow, this is a (relative) steal! I paid $899 after the shorex credit for our visit to GSC coming up in a few weeks. When we went in late 2022, we paid $749 after the shorex credit. I think the price changes based upon the season, and unfortunately we are going during a high season this time.

It was a splurge for us then and is now, but we are introverts and don't like the crowded, party atmosphere that often exists elsewhere. The villa is clean and modern. There are chips and salsa waiting for you, there's the Moet champagne bar included with your drink package (I believe, we had FAS+ so had the upgraded drink package), and getting bar service was a nice little perk.

I'm not too big on the beach anymore (I'll still wade), but the water is nearly still and shallow, and the kids could have fun swimming without my having to worry too much about them. We could easily keep an eye on them from our reserved beach chairs under an umbrella. There are also loungers on the lanai of the villa, or you can sit inside in the AC. Having a villa to put stuff, as well as a closet with a safe, is nice, and one of the best perks is having your own bathroom with a shower/tub combo (with toiletries) if you want to clean up and/or get dressed before returning to the ship.

The Silver Cove buffet was also delicious, and a lot of the staff working there were Haven staff from the ship. Getting shuttled around on an extended golf cart-type vehicle was fun.

Last time we were there, only two other villas were booked, and we were grouped together, three villas in a row. I wish they had spread us out, but I'm guessing they were filling them in order as people booked, and we were in the middle. However, the other two groups were quiet and non-disruptive, and our kids played with the kids from the next villa over.

I highly recommend it, and it was one of the first things I booked after booking the cruise, even though the price stung a bit.

Edited by rbxlady
  • Like 1

36 minutes ago, rbxlady said:

Wow, this is a (relative) steal! I paid $899 after the shorex credit for our visit to GSC coming up in a few weeks. When we went in late 2022, we paid $749 after the shorex credit. I think the price changes based upon the season, and unfortunately we are going during a high season this time.

It was a splurge for us then and is now, but we are introverts and don't like the crowded, party atmosphere that often exists elsewhere. The villa is clean and modern. There are chips and salsa waiting for you, there's the Moet champagne bar included with your drink package (I believe, we had FAS+ so had the upgraded drink package), and getting bar service was a nice little perk.

I'm not too big on the beach anymore (I'll still wade), but the water is nearly still and shallow, and the kids could have fun swimming without my having to worry too much about them. We could easily keep an eye on them from our reserved beach chairs under an umbrella. There are also loungers on the lanai of the villa, or you can sit inside in the AC. Having a villa to put stuff, as well as a closet with a safe, is nice, and one of the best perks is having your own bathroom with a shower/tub combo (with toiletries) if you want to clean up and/or get dressed before returning to the ship.

The Silver Cove buffet was also delicious, and a lot of the staff working there were Haven staff from the ship. Getting shuttled around on an extended golf cart-type vehicle was fun.

Last time we were there, only two other villas were booked, and we were grouped together, three villas in a row. I wish they had spread us out, but I'm guessing they were filling them in order as people booked, and we were in the middle. However, the other two groups were quiet and non-disruptive, and our kids played with the kids from the next villa over.

I highly recommend it, and it was one of the first things I booked after booking the cruise, even though the price stung a bit.

The villa I booked does not have a bedroom as I didn’t think we would need it. If you booked the one or two bedroom one maybe that accounts for difference in price

2 minutes ago, njkate said:

The villa I booked does not have a bedroom as I didn’t think we would need it. If you booked the one or two bedroom one maybe that accounts for difference in price

Nope, no bedroom. It's the same lagoon villa I booked last time. (Well, maybe not the exact villa, but the same level, so to speak.) There was a discussion a little while back on this, and someone said theirs was only so much a few weeks either before or after our cruise. I think the pricing depends on the timing. The first time we went was not during a school break, so things were relatively quiet.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, rbxlady said:

Nope, no bedroom. It's the same lagoon villa I booked last time. (Well, maybe not the exact villa, but the same level, so to speak.) There was a discussion a little while back on this, and someone said theirs was only so much a few weeks either before or after our cruise. I think the pricing depends on the timing. The first time we went was not during a school break, so things were relatively quiet.

Yes it may depend on time of year! I’m glad I booked it though lol

We went in mid-February and do recommend it. We had our 8 year old granddaughter with us and were either in the pool, building a sand castle on the beach or in the lagoon and sadly didn’t use the lounge chairs at all. 

The private bathroom was really helpful as our granddaughter liked being able to take a shower and change into dry clothes before lunch and again before taking the tender back. We also didn’t touch the chips or fruit in the villa as we arrived full from breakfast and did have lunch there. 

There is no need to bring any towels from the ship. 

The pool water was really cold but we eventually got used to it. 

Here are some photos. 

IMG_0978.jpeg

IMG_0980.jpeg

IMG_0976.jpeg

IMG_0975.jpeg

IMG_0979.jpeg

IMG_0970.jpeg

IMG_0969.jpeg

IMG_0967.jpeg

IMG_0966.jpeg

IMG_0965.jpeg

IMG_0964.jpeg

IMG_0963.jpeg

IMG_0961.jpeg

IMG_0959.jpeg

IMG_0958.jpeg

IMG_0957.jpeg

IMG_0956.jpeg

IMG_0952.jpeg

IMG_0950.jpeg

IMG_0949.jpeg

IMG_0947.jpeg

• Like 1

@Seas2mountains Thank you so much for the photos! It looks beautiful, I’m so happy I booked it! It’s a long day that I don’t think I could have done in the main area, I’d be dragging the kids back to the ship! This will be perfect

• Like 1