I don't understand HA's suite categories...have questions about inclusions and the suite experience in general.

mawvkysc - My husband called the Neptune Concierge because we thought this was a benefit of Neptune suites.  It could be that whoever was staffing the Neptune lounge at the time was unaware that h'orderves were available for preorder to our cabin or possibly on the Oosterdam this was not a benefit.  I thought that Patrick had mentioned this benefit when we introduced ourselves on the first day but as you can tell it was not a huge deal for us.  Cherie   

6 minutes ago, crystalspin said:

Surely not available to anyone. Early disembarcation is Self Carry; you must be able to handle all of your baggage. Otherwise you put luggage out at about midnight the night before to be moved en masse and claimed outside the ship/at pier.

The reason I mention it is because we made new friends who were not in a suite and they had help with there luggage when leaving the ship the evening before official disembarkation.  I know this because we accompanied them off the ship and to their taxi to say good-bye.  Of course they, and we, tipped the staff member that helped.  Possibly it's a matter of asking for something outside the official policy and being willing to show appreciation to the staff member helping you.  Cherie  

1 hour ago, cccole said:

mawvkysc - My husband called the Neptune Concierge because we thought this was a benefit of Neptune suites.  It could be that whoever was staffing the Neptune lounge at the time was unaware that h'orderves were available for preorder to our cabin

I think you hit the nail on the head.  There are usually 2 concierges - a main one (who is usually good and knowledgeable) and “fill in” whom I have found lacking at times.  If I saw that person was on in the Lounge, I would wait until the other person arrived.

Oosterdam was serving hors d’hoeuvres when I sailed her and I had ordered them for a wine tasting in my cabin.

1 hour ago, cccole said:

The reason I mention it is because we made new friends who were not in a suite and they had help with there luggage when leaving the ship the evening before official disembarkation.  I know this because we accompanied them off the ship and to their taxi to say good-bye.  Of course they, and we, tipped the staff member that helped.  Possibly it's a matter of asking for something outside the official policy and being willing to show appreciation to the staff member helping you.  Cherie  

If you are disembarking earlier than the scheduled date (which it sounds like your friends were) Cherie, I do believe there can be assistance.

I suspect it depends on the ship, timing and how you ask 😉 

• Like 4