Cooking vs Mixology

atakkat

We are looking at excursions in Cozumel and I am intrigued on the mixology vs cooking class. Any recent experience with these excursions?

24 minutes ago, atakkat said:

We are looking at excursions in Cozumel and I am intrigued on the mixology vs cooking class. Any recent experience with these excursions?

Where?

The two I was contemplating are both through Carnival at the Blu resort.Both 4 hrs long for $99.00. I watched you tube videos but also like to hear personal accounts.

3 hours ago, atakkat said:

The two I was contemplating are both through Carnival at the Blu resort.Both 4 hrs long for $99.00. I watched you tube videos but also like to hear personal accounts.

Thanks I have done cooking classes but not that one. 

Those are at Dolphinaris. I have seen several good reviews for both cooking and mixology (including on here) but sorry no personal experience. The chef is (or was) the popular chef who used to be at Playa Mia.

We did the Tabasco cooking class a couple of years ago and had a blast.  Each pair has a cooking station and you make a few dishes during the excursion.  All the dishes are made with Tabasco.  Afterwards you eat the food you created.

I think we started by making our own margarita.  Then they kept additional drinks coming as we cooked.  If you wanted something other than margaritas, they would gladly make something else for you.  I saw people get soft drinks, beer, pina coladas, etc. 🍹

The ingredients are mostly prepped, so you’re not spending a lot of time chopping onions and such.  The instructor is very entertaining and makes the excursion fun.  It seemed like everyone was having a good time and I saw no failed dishes.

While we were eating our meal, the instructor made a special frozen pineapple margarita – very tasty.  Afterward we were given the option to go back to the port (10-15 minute ride) or hang out at Blu for a while, then be taken back to the port.

We had a great time and felt the excursion was well worth the time and money.

The Mexology class (also at Blu) seems to be organized similarly, but with more emphasis on mixing drinks.  We haven’t done that one yet but will in about 7 weeks.

I hope that helps some.
Tim

• Like 1