LOLZ Supper Club-Have you been?

scomar

With the new LOLZ Supper Club opening up this month, wondering if anyone has been to it yet?

If so, can you only book once onboard?

I assume an extra cost. Was it worth it?

Where do they hold it at.

We are big standup comedian fans so really want to try to attend this on our voyage on Scarlet Lady at the end of this month.

It is held in The Manor, book after boarding.
I don't believe there is an extra cost as it replaced Ship Show which had no additional cost. The ads didn't say anything about cost.

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

Can you go for the show and just choose not to have the meal? They have a similar supper club on NCL where a few tables at the back are reserved for people who don't want to eat, just watch the entertainment. I know you could just leave what they bring, but I don't like food waste.

Edited by lara_lox
Typo!

1 hour ago, lara_lox said:

Can you go for the show and just choose not to have the meal? They have a similar supper club on NCL where a few tables at the back are reserved for people who don't want to eat, just watch the entertainment. I know you could just leave what they bring, but I don't like food waste.

can tell the server when they come to take your order for the main course that you won’t be eating.

Posted (edited)

I wonder if each show is going to be unique with talent in rotation? I’m booked on the TA that ha it on the itinerary for 4 different days.

Edited by bdever
Details

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, bdever said:

I wonder if each show is going to be unique with talent in rotation? I’m booked on the TA that ha it on the itinerary for 4 different days.

I wouldn’t expect it. With Its a Ship Show it was the same variety acts for several weeks and I expect LOLz to be similar. 

What is different on the transatlantic is the festival stage, they generally have 3-4 different acts over the two weeks whereas on regular cruises it’s just one.

Edited by jon81uk
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
19 hours ago, bdever said:

It is a small venue, and on most long cruises is being offered multiple times...likely so more sailors have a chance to attend.  I would expect the same show each time.

Unless your dinner and show reservations are at the same time, you should be able to hold both.  The new menu for Ship Show, which is the same as Lotz, was decent.  The original menu was so bad that we kept our dinner reservation after the show.

Edited by cantgetin
  • Like 1

I haven't seen if anyone has actually been to it yet. Would love to hear from someone that has been to it.

Thanks for all the useful information thus far.

We went to it last night on the Scarlet Lady. The menu was pre-set with just 2 options for entrees, fish or chicken. Unfortunately the food wasn’t that great, I ended up with a rubbery piece of chicken. 2 of the 3 acts (comedians) did the same exact sets they did at their own shows earlier in the voyage which was disappointing.   

• Thanks 1

On 3/20/2024 at 11:33 AM, JMills006 said:

We went to it last night on the Scarlet Lady. The menu was pre-set with just 2 options for entrees, fish or chicken. Unfortunately the food wasn’t that great, I ended up with a rubbery piece of chicken. 2 of the 3 acts (comedians) did the same exact sets they did at their own shows earlier in the voyage which was disappointing.   

Thanks JMills!! This is very helpful information. We always hit all the comedy shows, so good to know they do repeat acts. Yes the menu didn't look all that appealing to me, but dessert sounded good. So drinks, dessert and laughs will be on my menu 😉

8 hours ago, scomar said:

Thanks JMills!! This is very helpful information. We always hit all the comedy shows, so good to know they do repeat acts. Yes the menu didn't look all that appealing to me, but dessert sounded good. So drinks, dessert and laughs will be on my menu 😉

The menu is the same as the It’s A Ship Show one was, the dessert is small. In my opinion the best two courses are the appetisers, the roasted vegetable salad and the burrata and tomato.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, jon81uk said:

In my opinion the best two courses are the appetizers , the roasted vegetable salad and the burrata and tomato.

Totally agree! I went back to the ship show again just to have the vegetable salad and ordered 2 burrata salads instead of the entree. 

Then I went for dinner at the test kitchen.