Email from Royal about balance due on a pre-cruise purchase you already paid for

I received an email from Royal this am that I had a balance due on an internet package purchased November 2023 for a November 2024 Voyager cruise.  Told to call and pay. My records show paid using obc and money.   I called the C&A number,  not the number in the email in case it was a scam.   Well. Royal IT messed up again.   For unknown reasons IT had refunded part of what I paid with obc.  The person I spoke with repaid it with the refunded obc.  Stayed on the phone until I got the paid email.   Crazy IT.

• Like 1

Something is wrong with their system. I booked a cruise (my first RC cruise) last week and paid in full. A few days later, I received an email that we owed about $500. I called and got through right away. They said they did not see a balance and resent an invoice showing no balance. Next time I logged into website, the notice about owing money was gone.

I had paid for an internet package using OBC. Somehow when I made my final cruise payment a big chunk of my OBC was deleted and made it look like my internet package had a balance due. I was worried they'd cancel the package I had bought at a decent price. I had to call and make them figure out the OBC issue and put it back, and then I was able to pay off the balance owed. 

Last week I made a reservation with some next cruise certificate s I purchased 3 weeks ago. Three days ago, I got an email saying I owed money on the deposit, which of course was an error on their part. I always say that if Royals IT department worked for any other company, they would all be fired immediately.

• Like 1

Glad I'm not the only one.  I think what triggered this was that I noticed our cruise had dropped in price, $600, and asked ta to see if she could get the adjustment.   She said she did and waiting for confirmation.   Shortly after I got the email about the balance due.  Royal IT needs work.