Live from the Breakaway 3/10 - 3/17

Breakfast was quick since the Haven restaurant was pretty empty when we got there at 8am.

The smart party people were sleeping in or sleeping it off.

By the time we left it was packed, as were the dining tables in the courtyard.

I played it safe on my stomach with the egg white frittata.  DH had the Avocado toast with bacon.IMG_5565.thumb.jpeg.cb24557ae6a624a760632b33ac423e81.jpegIMG_5566.thumb.jpeg.87b527bc0553fed3edbec95498a0910f.jpeg

• Like 1

I have to note that internet speed has improved being in the Haven sundeck compared to our aft stateroom.

After breakfast we retreated back to our own balcony and chilled and read our books and plotted our day. 
we decided napping and reading sounded just fine.

i warned you this would be a laid back trip report. 
Walking across deck 16 to the Haven from the aft of the ship at lunch was an eye opening experience and cemented the sense that we had made a good decision to splurge on the Haven. 
In my 24 years of cruising I’ve never seen a ship so full.

Well, day 2 but you get the point.

IMG_5492.gif.15f7095985207bb8e7593f6b31a37e87.gif

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Lunch in the Haven restaurant was a meat eaters spectacular. DH had the Brie burger and I had the NY strip steak.

i ordered it rare and we joked it was so thin they probably laid it on the grill  and then picked it right back up.

It was delicious though and though I didn’t finish it I was very satisfied. 
No dessert for us, although they did have pound cake and COOKIES in the Haven courtyard.IMG_5572.thumb.jpeg.7f6cd54adb6c436b0186d7e5cf7a0f2e.jpegIMG_5573.thumb.jpeg.59e1735dddb1f744b6a19c571823336d.jpeg

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Always Cruising said:

What is the yellow and green drink on the table with your clam chowder?  Thanks for the great pictures and info...

lol! I had to go back and look at the photo! 
That was the candle holder on the table🤣

It does look like a tasty drink though, right!

• Haha 3

9 minutes ago, justhappy said:

Now we are on the Haven sundeck in what appears to be adult nap time.

IMG_5581.thumb.jpeg.cbc77a0a6a986a6618b5f9997c4fa7b3.jpeg

On our trip from Miami on Joy this was about the time we had nap time too on the sundeck. We were thankful to get the cabanas so that we wouldn't boil like lobsters under the hot Mexican/Honduran/Belizean sun! 

Kudos to you on the weight loss. Well done! 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, justhappy said:

Breakfast was quick since the Haven restaurant was pretty empty when we got there at 8am.

The smart party people were sleeping in or sleeping it off.

By the time we left it was packed, as were the dining tables in the courtyard.

I played it safe on my stomach with the egg white frittata.  DH had the Avocado toast with bacon.IMG_5565.thumb.jpeg.cb24557ae6a624a760632b33ac423e81.jpegIMG_5566.thumb.jpeg.87b527bc0553fed3edbec95498a0910f.jpeg

Does the Haven dining area have any outside eating area? 

Or in the courtyard? 

Just thinking it would be nice to dine outside and or be able to wear a baseball hat while dining 

1 hour ago, justhappy said:

my stomach decided it had had enough and at 5am decided to let me know.

I had lost 50 lbs over the course of last year and what it takes to fill me up is much much less. I will refrain from making that mistake again.

Bariatric?

Posted (edited)
13 minutes ago, RocketMan275 said:

Bariatric?

No, over the years my A1C crept up to type 2 range and when metformin didn’t help she put me on Mounjaro.

With that and exercise I lost the weight and even better my A1C is

in normal range. 
I am going off of it in two weeks after tapering my doses to 10 days apart for a month.

Fingers crossed I can maintain that A1C.

Mounjaro slows your digestion down and you get full faster and feel full longer.

So you don’t eat as much, plus no food cravings .

Edited by justhappy
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

43 minutes ago, LaCal said:

Does the Haven dining area have any outside eating area? 

Or in the courtyard? 

Just thinking it would be nice to dine outside and or be able to wear a baseball hat while dining 

The dining is in the courtyard area around the pool, so technically outside, although there is no ocean view like the Escape, and there is a retractable glass roof so during inclement weather it is usable.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, justhappy said:

The dining is in the courtyard area around the pool, so technically outside, although there is no ocean view like the Escape, and there is a retractable glass roof so during inclement weather it is usable.

thx that’s perfect 

Very much enjoying your review!  Big congrats for getting your A1C lowered and losing those pounds.   You deserve an awesome cruise!  Thanks for sharing with us😎

We love Captain Ron too!   Our most memorable viewing of the movie was on the deck of a Barefoot Windjammer cruise about 20 or so years ago.  We were all sitting under a sailcloth to protect us from the hard rainstorm.  It was great fun and we continue to love the movie.   

And remember, if your ship gets lost just pullover and ask directions😉

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Posted (edited)

IMG_5615.jpeg.101796781bde88fb5ec94196962a2956.jpegSorry for the delay, internet was intermittent or just plain slow and this morning non existent for several hours, even the concierge couldn’t fix it for me.

Yesterday after lunch and sundeck nappy time the sun began to creep up to our loungers in the shade so we headed back to our own “sundeck”

luckily this was in the shade and a nice breeze was blowing so I shortly fell asleep with a book in my hand.

When we came back to our cabin the butler had delivered the requested cookies.

My view if my eyes had been open…

IMG_5583.jpeg

Edited by justhappy
  • Like 3

Loving your review!  We’re on the Bliss song a love review as well.  We’ve got to sail from NO- what an amazing sail out!!

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

I gave up and came inside and now I can post a lot more and put you, dear reader, to sleep! 

I woke up in time for us to change clothes and head back up to the Haven for the Captains Reception.

We shook the hands of various men in officer’s uniforms and today I still couldn’t tell you who was who.

I do know that Errol Bailey wasn’t there, I’d know him from a mile away. 
We've probably cruised with him onboard 10 times.

Turning down drinks and tiny little spoons of grey stuff, we headed in for an early dinner.

Luisa, one of the Haven bartenders handed me a drink on the way in the restaurant and said try it you’ll like it. I had to it was so pretty.

I don’t t know the name but I think she said it had brandy in it.

IMG_5584.thumb.jpeg.d4a2f3d8139a5c836054c402535d8c82.jpeg

Having spoiled my appetite with one oatmeal raisin cookie compliments of Sheryl the butler I had no appetite for dinner.

I ordered the appetizer porcini risotto to have a little something and it was quite tasty and just enoughIMG_5590.thumb.jpeg.689cd93a73daa7826b300d57f886d617.jpeg

DH decided on the surf and turf and he was very pleased with his dinner, the filet was tender and flavorful and the lobster was fresh and sweet. I tried a bite and I’m picky.

IMG_5591.thumb.jpeg.f6edb414949432268d668e4d9c1e163b.jpegWe both finished off the meal with lemon sorbet and enjoyed the remnants of the sunset.

IMG_5588.thumb.jpeg.d8e778837b4d575ff586ea7a2a53206e.jpeg

Edited by justhappy
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, justhappy said:

I gave up and came inside and now I can post a lot more and put you, dear reader, to sleep! 

I woke up in time for us to change clothes and head back up to the Haven for the Captains Reception.

We shook the hands of various men in officer’s uniforms and today I still couldn’t tell you who was who.

I do know that Errol Bailey wasn’t there, I’d know him from a mile away. 
We've probably cruised with him onboard 10 times.

Turning down drinks and tiny little spoons of grey stuff, we headed in for an early dinner.

Luisa, one of the Haven bartenders handed me a drink on the way in the restaurant and said try it you’ll like it. I had to it was so pretty.

i do t know the name but I think she said it had brandy in it.

IMG_5584.thumb.jpeg.d4a2f3d8139a5c836054c402535d8c82.jpeg

Errol Bailey is currently on vacation enjoying a special time with his family.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, www3traveler said:

Errol Bailey is currently on vacation enjoying a special time with his family.

Glad to hear it, he’s an amazing officer and nice man.

5 minutes ago, floridafish said:

For some reason I always LOL when people refer to these people as butlers. But that's ok.

That’s what NCL calls them so that’s what I call them, well I call her Sheryl, 

not hey you Sheryl the butler.

IMG_5472.jpeg.19e72f298c22b00924072e6e3972358a.jpeg