Excursion Start Times - General Question

rnr4thatsme

I am looking at some excursions in ports where we would dock at 7am.  For example, one itinerary has us docking in Juneau from 7-1:30 and I was looking at the Sea Kayak Adventure which is 3.5 hours long.  Would there likely be multiple start times, some later than 7am?  Or are the 7am ports generally mean having a very early morning if you are planning on doing an excursion?

If you're scheduled to dock at 7am, I don't think your excursion will start any sooner than 7:30. Not realistic. 

Whether there are multiple sections of the excursion, many cruise lines list the multiple sections...you would have a choice of 7:30 and 9:30, for example, when you book. Can't say all cruise lines give you that choice.

• Like 1

If you are looking far in advance, it may only list times as a placeholder. For example, for our cruise in May 2024, all shore excursions were listed half hour after docking time in every port. It wasn't until about 6 months out that the times started changing and a few of them also added additional times to choose from. I believe this is because the tour companies they are using for the excursions don't always have their schedules finalized that far in advance.

• Like 2

The times listed by most cruise lines at each port is the time that passengers may begin leaving the ship.  Actual docking occurs 30 minutes earlier than the post times.

• Like 2