eDocs Check In Time Issue!

My husband and I checked in just after midnight moments after the check in window opened.  We both tool the 0:30 time slot, finished checking in and saved.  We reviewed everything and all was accurate.

Now that our eDocs have been generated, his check in time changed to 11:00 and when we look at the check in page that has changed as well.

Same thing happened to my son and his wife in the cabin next to us.

If we all show up at 9:30 will we all be good to go?

37 minutes ago, PartyPlannerLady said:

The earlier you arrive, the longer you get to wait.

Arrival time does not equal boarding time.

First to board Handicapped.

Second to board Haven.

Next to board high status lattitude

After that, boarding by arrival time.

IOW, arrive at the port at 0930, board about 1100

IOW, arrive at the port at 1100, board about 1130

• Like 4

This seems to be happening a lot. My last two cruises same exact scenario.

My upcoming cruise My DW 9:30 me 10 my son and his friend 11. Were just showing up around 10 I am sure by the time we park drop off luggage it will be around 10:30. 

1 hour ago, PartyPlannerLady said:

Maybe, maybe not. If you originally chose the earliest check in time and they have determined that they aren't going to start check-in until 11, you're going to be sitting around outside.

And despite the "they never check" comments, yes, they might check, depending on the port. Had it happen in Stockholm. They might have been checking in Dubai - I know we got an email the day before telling us not to arrive early and check-in was actually done onboard.

10 minutes ago, JamieLogical said:

To my knowledge, check-in time was only ever enforced shortly after the restart. Since they have done away with COVID measures, NCL has not enforced check-in times at all.

Received the following a few days prior to my December cruise - but I don't recall if they really were checking - there were a number of issues at the port, no place for waiting. And check-in was actually done onboard, so they had to wait until the ship was cleared. It was bizzare to say the least.

"In order to avoid any congestion at the port, and to ensure the smoothest embarkation experience possible, all pre-selected arrival times will be strictly enforced. All guests are asked to please arrive to the port at the arrival time selected during online check-in.

*Guests should not arrive for check-in before 12:00 p.m., as they will not be able to be checked in until their pre-selected arrival time. Please note, any guest that arrives prior to 12:00 p.m. will be turned away."

3 hours ago, RocketMan275 said:

The earlier you arrive, the longer you get to wait.

Arrival time does not equal boarding time.

First to board Handicapped.

Second to board Haven.

Next to board high status lattitude

After that, boarding by arrival time.

IOW, arrive at the port at 0930, board about 1100

IOW, arrive at the port at 1100, board about 1130

I followed this advice on my last cruise and was pretty happy that I was able to check in and walk right on at 11:30. They had just gotten to boarding group 3 when I arrived and it took me less than 10 minutes before I boarded (I'm Sapphire so didn't need to wait for a boarding number).

Thank you to all of you who have replied.  There has been a lot of helpful information shared here and it is very much appreciated.  My other half and I are actually both ADA and both have limited mobility,  Hearing that NCL boards ADA passengers peioe to general boarding is VERY comforting.  Thank you all again.  We are really looking forward to thsi vacation.  It has been quite some time since we had time to just kick back, relax, and have no worries.  The posts here by all of you have gone a long way to making us both feel better.

Hope that each one of you get to ecrusie soon and that you all have a wonderful experience!