International Cafe Menu Questions

Hi All. I am excited for my upcoming cruise to Alaska on the Grand Princess and have a couple of questions about the International Cafe menu. (i) Has anyone had success in having them make a London Fog (as it is not on the menu)? and (ii) Are "Blended Coffee Fusions" cold blended ice drinks, sort of like Starbucks frappuccinos? Thanks very much!

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
11 minutes ago, NotMakingWaves said:

Hi All. I am excited for my upcoming cruise to Alaska on the Grand Princess and have a couple of questions about the International Cafe menu. (i) Has anyone had success in having them make a London Fog (as it is not on the menu)? and (ii) Are "Blended Coffee Fusions" cold blended ice drinks, sort of like Starbucks frappuccinos? Thanks very much!

Yes and yes. 

Be prepared to provide a list of ingredients to make the London Fog or Earl Grey Latte though, not all baristas are created equal.  They have a Honey Lavender latte on the app, which is somewhat similar. 

Speaking of barista, if you encounter Filip from Serbia at International Cafe, he can make anything and knows how Starbucks makes them. He's the best!

Edited by startedwithamouse

I was going to make a topic like this closer to our June cruise but what flavored syrups and such do they have? My wife's favorite is white chocolate mochas so seeing if they have it on the cruise 🙂

2 minutes ago, Bantha09 said:

I was going to make a topic like this closer to our June cruise but what flavored syrups and such do they have? My wife's favorite is white chocolate mochas so seeing if they have it on the cruise 🙂

They have a large selection of flavourings/syrups, white chocolate is usually one of them, From one cruise to the next, syrups available may vary depending on the variety received from stores onboard. 

20 minutes ago, startedwithamouse said:

Yes and yes. 

Be prepared to provide a list of ingredients to make the London Fog or Earl Grey Latte though, not all baristas are created equal.  They have a Honey Lavender latte on the app, which is somewhat similar. 

Speaking of barista, if you encounter Filip from Serbia at International Cafe, he can make anything and knows how Starbucks makes them. He's the best!

Remember a lot of times there are bartenders acting as baristas who are only trained on the menu drinks

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, memoak said:

Remember a lot of times there are bartenders acting as baristas who are only trained on the menu drinks

Agreed.

That's why I mentioned Filip. We've had him on three different ships, and jump for joy when I know he's onboard at the IC. He also does the best latte art!

If Roni is working he knows how to make the London Fog, most of them don't have a clue.  You have to make sure they are using Earl Grey tea as they will just grab any flavour & not pay attention.

1 minute ago, Ragdollbd said:

If Roni is working he knows how to make the London Fog, most of them don't have a clue.  You have to make sure they are using Earl Grey tea as they will just grab any flavour & not pay attention.

I had thought he was leaving ships to concentrate on his website business back home

Just now, memoak said:

I had thought he was leaving ships to concentrate on his website business back home

I didn't know that.  I haven't been on the Grand recently.  Thanks for the info.

5 minutes ago, Ragdollbd said:

I didn't know that.  I haven't been on the Grand recently.  Thanks for the info.

He was on the Crown in October and had gone home by the time we were back in January

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Bantha09 said:

We were recently on the Crown and my husband's favorite was a white chocolate latte.

• Thanks 1