MSC drink, internet, and formal nights questions

P27159

I am just about to book a cruise on MSC Divina from Miami to the Caribbean that sails in 2 weeks (long story regarding this last minute booking).  I would like to know about the two internet packages.  If we are just doing emails, web browsing, Instagram, etc. but not video streaming, is the "browse" package reliable enough to get consistent service, or should we upgrade to the "stream" package even though we don't need to actually stream, but maybe we need it just for decent reliability?  Or does service go in and out about the same for either one? I'd appreciate anyone who has been on the Divina specifically to respond, in case this is ship-dependent.

Also, what complimentary drinks do they serve on the ship, and what times of day?  We don't need sodas, etc. and have been perfectly fine with iced tea and juice that they serve on Carnival and Royal, but was wondering what they serve on MSC, and whether it's available only at certain times of the day.

Finally, it's hard to pack a suit jacket in my luggage and am wondering if a long sleeve button down dress shirt and slacks, with MAYBE a tie, is good enough for their "formal night", or does just about everyone wear a suit jacket?

Thanks!

2 hours ago, P27159 said:

If we are just doing emails, web browsing, Instagram, etc. but not video streaming, is the "browse" package reliable enough to get consistent service, or should we upgrade to the "stream" package even though we don't need to actually stream, but maybe we need it just for decent reliability?

Browse is enough for you.

Also, what complimentary drinks do they serve on the ship, and what times of day?

Water, Ice, Coffee and Tea are available 24/7. At breakfast time there are also (fake) juice options. 

Finally, it's hard to pack a suit jacket in my luggage and am wondering if a long sleeve button down dress shirt and slacks, with MAYBE a tie, is good enough for their "formal night", or does just about everyone wear a suit jacket?

No, nowadays the cruise lines are already happy if all manage to wear long trousers. The Gala or Elegant night is for you to enjoy, many guests enjoy to make photos with their nicest cloths on this special night, but it is all up to you.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, P27159 said:

I wear my sport coat (suit jacket) for boarding because I don't like packing it either. But you don't NEED a coat and certainly not a tie.

I have never had any issues just using the Browse internet to access websites, images, post my live blogs (including a million photos), remote desktop into my work PC, etc. Video streaming services are blocked though.

Definitely DO NOT need a sport coat or tie on MSC! As long as you don't wear shorts and flip flops to the MDR on Elegant Nights, you will be just fine.

They don’t put iced tea into the machines until breakfast is over.  They also have lemonade after breakfast.  Tea is unsweetened and they have all of the sweeteners.  I like lemon in my iced tea so I add a squirt of lemonade.  If there is no lemonade I get a twist of lemon or lime from the bar.  EM

If anyone else is still reading this, that knows the specific answer for the specific Divina ship (and not a different MSC shift, since this may not apply equally to all ships): does anyone know if the Divina offers wristbands that allow you to open your cabin door, pay for on board activities, etc. so you don’t have to carry the plastic card around with you everywhere?