Online check in process

newbie202020

Hi, I've only cruised on Celebrity before and used their app to upload headshots and passport info I believe during the check in process.

What do I need to upload or what info do I need to provide during the Cunard check in process (going on QE from Vancouver to Alaska if that matters). Thanks very much!

You should have already uploaded passport, NOK, and insurance in My Cunard. The Check in process is just to upload a photo and associate a credit card with your cruise and the photo doesn't matter that much, they retook mine on our last cruise at the check-in desk

• Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, rakkor said:

You should have already uploaded passport, NOK, and insurance in My Cunard. The Check in process is just to upload a photo and associate a credit card with your cruise and the photo doesn't matter that much, they retook mine on our last cruise at the check-in desk

Thanks for responding. What is NOK?

We uploaded our photos that are a file we repeat using, when the final check in at the 21 days before sailing with the credit card we intend using.

They have always accepted them and no need any action at the pier.

Just have to have the right size and area they want visible.

We fill in NOK after booking.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, BklynBoy8 said:

We uploaded our photos that are a file we repeat using

We keep doing the same thing BklynBoy8, but after successfully using the same photo for the last 7 years, I'm not going to be surprised when the check-in person at the terminal looks at me and just starts laughing. 

Jack

Jack,

Fortunately my DW and I have not changed in the last 7 years surprisingly.

Being 72 this year, I am still being taken honestly for 60 and DW 71 for youthful 62.

When asked for our ages in conversations, people are amazed. I know my dear departed father left us at 97 and still looked like early 80's

Must be Genes I guess.

At check-in's laugh are exchanged for "What, Really" when seeing ID's.

In profile photo - you two look GREAT!

We have embarked the QE in Vancouver three times. For the first and second times we uploaded our photos as requested. Both times the check-in agent did not like them so took new ones. For the third time we didn't bother uploading them.  It took the agent just a few seconds to take our photos.

It's not unusua

16 hours ago, david,Mississauga said:

We have embarked the QE in Vancouver three times. For the first and second times we uploaded our photos as requested. Both times the check-in agent did not like them so took new ones. For the third time we didn't bother uploading them.  It took the agent just a few seconds to take our photos.

It's not unusual for this to happen, particularly at Southampton. I use the same photo every time, and about 50% of occasions they let it stick, and on 50% they decide it's not ok and take a new one. When I asked about it, the agent said she just always took the photos regardless - she would also be working with other cruise companies and it's probably easier for her to take a new photo than try to recall all the nuances of different companies.  So I wouldn't spend too long uploading a photo.