Move Up Bid to Retreat Successful - Couple Questions

Posted (edited)

Hello!  I just received confirmation that my MoveUp bid for Ascent Mar 31 sailing was accepted and have just a couple of questions that I couldn't find from a search. 

We are going from Concierge Infinite Veranda to Aqua Sky Suite.  We are not big drinkers so I purchased separately the Premium Wifi, and Non-Alcoholic Drink Package because it was more economical to do it that way with our Elite CC discounts.  My question is regarding drinks available in the lounge and whether or not we even need the NA drink package or not (I know these amenities carry with me with the upgrade and we do not automatically receive the premium drink package).  I mainly bought it so we could have specialty coffee and teas, plus sparkling waters etc.  Are all of these things still available in the lounge or even the sun deck without the package?  I was planning on utilizing my Elite HH benefit for any wine/cocktail in the evening hours.  Are these drinks (specialty coffees, sparkling waters etc..) also available throughout the day even if I don't have the drink package?

Also, I'm curious if Ascent has a sail away party one day for Retreat guests?  If so, typically what day is this and where is the location?

Thanks in advance!

Edited by tropiclvrs

• tropiclvrs changed the title to Move Up Bid to Retreat Successful - Couple Questions

There is a machine in the Retreat lounge that makes coffee drinks. There won't be the same quality or extensive choices that you'd find at al Bacio, but it's fine if you're not too choosy. Sparkling water should also be available in the fridge.

It's not clear whether drinks are included on the Retreat Sundeck like they are in the lounge. There have been reports both ways of being asked for seapass card and not.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, tropiclvrs said:

Also, I'm curious if Ascent has a sail away party one day for Retreat guests?  If so, typically what day is this and where is the location?

Some Retreat guests do get invites during the cruise.  No particular days for sail away... spaced out over the duration.  Location is usually on the helipad;  we've had a sail away get-together on the Retreat sundeck on S class.

• Like 1

Beer and soda are also available in the fridge, you can stock up your mini- fridge in your stateroom with it or take it to the sundeck if the sundeck requires a beverage package.  You can also get mixed drinks and wine in the Retreat lounge most of the day - if you want to take it to the sundeck just ask for the drink in plastic. If you are interested in attending a sailaway ask the Retreat hostess to put you on the list (or for any ship event).  I don't care for the sailaways - no seats or shade and the drinks are usually warm and I think they require close toe shoes. There are great views in more comfortable locations.   Enjoy your upgrade!  

Thanks to those that have responded.  Does the coffee station in the lounge make espresso drinks like latte/cappuchino or just typical drip coffee?

It sounds like any and all drink that I can get in the lounge including the bar do not require the package or show of seapass card but it could be the sun deck does.  Am I understanding correct?

It seems that I probably don't need the No Alcohol Drink Package that I already purchased so maybe I'll cancel it if the above is true.  If I want a coffee from Il Bacio or sparkling water at dinner I can just purchase a la carte.  

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, tropiclvrs said:

Thanks to those that have responded.  Does the coffee station in the lounge make espresso drinks like latte/cappuchino or just typical drip coffee?

It sounds like any and all drink that I can get in the lounge including the bar do not require the package or show of seapass card but it could be the sun deck does.  Am I understanding correct?

It seems that I probably don't need the No Alcohol Drink Package that I already purchased so maybe I'll cancel it if the above is true.  If I want a coffee from Il Bacio or sparkling water at dinner I can just purchase a la carte.  

Yes the retreat machines make latte/cappuccino as well as Americana.    They are the Pod type machines.    You can either order it from a waiter or use the do it yourself station.  

I have heard different comments about drink packages and the Retreat Sun Deck.   I have ordered a drink up there once and was asked for my card (early in the cruise).   Similar Zenith's are permitted to use the lounge but not the Sun Deck - go figure.

You can always go to the Retreat for every drink buy may pay separately or get a package if you want Premium Water in Luminae or around the ship or wish to get a hand crafted latte/cappuccino at al Bacio

Another option may be if you are Elite + your get free Al Bacio and also select drinks at the CC Breakfast.

• Like 1

There is no drip coffee in the Retreat lounge. Just the pod coffee: Latte, Americano... The waiters will make it any way you want. For sail-aways, the Retreat Sundecks will offer cocktails via the waiters or the outdoor bar. Sparking waters in both places. EVERYTHING at the Retreat is included.