Live from Voyager, Rio to Lisbon, 19 March - 6 April 2024

1 hour ago, Pies4u said:

If Regent have descended into having “water filled balloon” events then I, for one, am somewhat concerned! We have almost 100 nights on board and I’ve never seen, or heard, of that happening before.

1 minute ago, Pies4u said:

Country Fairs are 1 thing - no problem - water filled balloons are NCL, Carnival, RCCL and P & O activities.

Certainly not new on Regent & very good fun 😀

These pictures are from a Country Fair on Explorer in 2018:

IMG_1695.thumb.jpg.db97db4b4e5447c72f9d3b8972896df2.jpg

IMG_1700.thumb.jpg.ea2857d20d2b776b53a82a548121df80.jpg

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, Pies4u said:

We have almost 100 nights on board and I’ve never seen, or heard, of that happening before.

@Pies4u have you not come across the Country Fair on your cruises?  The event where the departments set up fun games to enjoy?    This was the first one we've participated in that was held outside by the pool and I must say, it was huge fun and far more relaxed than those in the Atrium.  

Of course, like all Regent events, those who prefer not to participate are not required to do so.

• Like 3

Country Fairs - yes! I’ve seen and participated in them.

Never seen water fights or people chucking water filled balloons at people tho’.

One of the many reasons we left P & O and RCCL was to avoid “throwing people in the pool”, “water fights” and similar annoying daytime activities!

When I was 12 they were great. 

• Haha 1

Tonight, we enjoyed a performance from the incredible Isabel Commandeur whose splendid performance we have enjoyed previously on board Regent ships. Lucky Voyager guests to have her on board then, alongside the amazing Duo Esencias, whose performance last evening left us breathless.  It is going to be hard to leave the ship soon...counting down the days now but fully intending to make the most of every minute left!

• Like 5

Thanks for sharing your journey. We are planning to do this crossing next year. What has the weather been like? Any rough seas? Have passengers been able to use the outdoor spaces on most days?

safe travels home.

• Thanks 1

@Shrinkersgal temperatures have mostly been warm enough to use the outdoor decks but at times, the wind has been quite brisk.  There has been quite a bit of swell as we crossed the ocean, not rough seas really, but enough for the need to hold on at times (and to rock us to sleep!)  We have enjoyed our cruise very much indeed and have found Voyager to be in good shape with a happy crew.  

• Like 3

I'll put this thread to bed with a few thoughts now we are home again in the discombobulation phase.

We enjoyed our cruise very much indeed, found Voyager and everyone on board to be happy, helpful and friendly. Captain Gianluca leads by example with his cheerful manner and he and his Senior Officers were always around and ready to chat throughout the cruise. 

The itinerary was a good one with a range of ports which were new to us: our favourites were Salvador and Recife, both places where we had excellent guides who introduced us to their cities with enthusiasm and energy.  I think our least favourite was Maceio, where we handed back our tickets for an afternoon on the beach when we learned that there would not necessarily be a shady spot and I had read it wasn't safe to swim there either.  Maceio is - to quote @flossie009 's excellent words, "pretty industrial" and a quick shuttle trip into town and back was enough.

We thought Voyager was in good shape - the furnishings are not in the same contemporary style as the newer ships but everything was well maintained and our suite spotlessly clean. 

My criticism centres mainly on the Enrichment programme, which sadly had no destination-linked lectures at all.  During those sea days, I'd have enjoyed a programme of more entertaining presentations and demonstrations - but at least, the internet was always fast enough for me to update my blog!

I'd be interested to know what others on Voyager during the last three weeks thought too and I'm happy to answer any questions, of course. 

• Like 5

On 3/18/2024 at 6:29 AM, Margarita Jane said:

We flew Saturday with a bit of a scare - suppose to fly SRQ to ATL To GIG, but as we were leaving for the airport, I got a text that the SRQ to ATL was delayed meaning we would miss our connection in ATL. Fortunately got the flight changed to TPA to ATL and despite horrendous traffic, made it just as the TPA to ATL flight was boarding. Whew! 

We visited Christ the Redeemer and Sugarloaf on Sunday and have a full day of touring today.

Have to agree Iguazu is not to be missed - we saw the falls in 2020 - JUST before COVID. Almost did not get back to USA as everything was closing down.

Happy travels! 

Love reading this board!  We are booked on the Splendor Buenos Aires to Lisbon in March 2025, including an add on land tour, 2 nights Iguaza Falls.  Trying to decide if we go forward with that Regent tour or book on our own.  Any comments for those who have done either would be greatly appreciated.

10 hours ago, ljsanantonio said:

We are booked on the Splendor Buenos Aires to Lisbon in March 2025, including an add on land tour, 2 nights Iguaza Falls. 

We didn't visit Iguazu with Regent this time as we'd already visited the falls previously as part of a longer, independent trip to Argentina so I can't offer any thoughts about the best option.  However, I would say *don't miss Iguazu!*   However you decide to get there, don't pass on a chance to see these magnificent falls!