HAL PCC Tipping

When on a ship and receive special service, I tip (with cash) the individual crew member - this is an extra amount beyond the daily automatic crew appreciation I pay.  I utilize a HAL PCC who has recently helped me with issues that took a lot of the PCC's time.  I believe the PCC went above and beyond the normal responsibilities.  I would like to a tip to the PCC but need advise as to how to get this done.  

• Like 3

1 hour ago, secondtime said:

When on a ship and receive special service, I tip (with cash) the individual crew member - this is an extra amount beyond the daily automatic crew appreciation I pay.  I utilize a HAL PCC who has recently helped me with issues that took a lot of the PCC's time.  I believe the PCC went above and beyond the normal responsibilities.  I would like to a tip to the PCC but need advise as to how to get this done.  

Seriously???? Where does the "Tips" line end? Do you tip your insurance agent? The receptionist at the Gym? The plumber who fixed your dripping faucet? If you want to praise your PCC send a "My PCC did me a solid" to Holland America.

• Like 8

One approach might be to write to HAL naming this person specifically and giving a good description of  how they went above and beyond.  I don't know how things work inside HAL but I'm sure they must have incentives for employees to provide the best service possible.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Blackduck59 said:

Seriously???? Where does the "Tips" line end? Do you tip your insurance agent? The receptionist at the Gym? The plumber who fixed your dripping faucet? If you want to praise your PCC send a "My PCC did me a solid" to Holland America.

Seriously, I take my agent out to a very nice dinner once a year.  As experienced as I am in arranging my own travel I know she is good and has save me thousands of dollars over the years. Good service above the call is rewarded by me no matter if it is a professional or not.  I agree with @LetItSnow that better are letters of commendation, superior social media reviews and so on but if they are in direct personal contact I do reward financially with tickets, dinners or other token gifts of appreciation.

• Like 2

My personal experience, with a job that is only sort of customer facing, is that an email/note to the supervisor is the best. I do really enjoy and appreciate personal notes of gratitude and the occasional gift (it does make my day) but let my boss know, they’re the ones who decide on promotions/raises, etc. People are quick to complain to the “manager” about bad service, we should be just as quick to let the manager know about good service. 

• Like 5