They’re BLUE Again!

ORV

Posted (edited)

Just got documents for upcoming cruise. They have a nice blue folder everything goes in. 4 luggage tags that you can continue to use and an insert for your current cruise. They have a plastic tie to attach them with. 

We didn’t have these in January so it must be a new deal. 

IMG_1150.thumb.jpeg.d488af5770a937370d212d96e3efc1bd.jpeg

IMG_1151.jpeg

IMG_1152.jpeg

IMG_1153.jpeg

Edited by ORV
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, ORV said:

They have a nice blue folder everything goes in. 4 luggage tags

Lucky you. O's customers in the UK no longer get these. As far as I know, there's never been an explanation why we are treated less well. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Harters said:

Lucky you. O's customers in the UK no longer get these. As far as I know, there's never been an explanation why we are treated less well. 

Postal rates soared in the US, especially for foreign countries.  That could be why O chose to eliminate foreign mailings, except for Canada.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
25 minutes ago, 1985rz1 said:

Postal rates soared in the US, especially for foreign countries.  That could be why O chose to eliminate foreign mailings, except for Canada.

In the UK we pay far, far higher prices than you do in the US. So,  if they are sending out ‘packages’ again I think we should be first on the list!

Edited by Vallesan
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

We did not get these in January for the February 28 cruise, so it is definitely brand new!  We received the paper folder only, with the pre printed tags for the cabin, nothing else.

enjoy!

Posted (edited)
48 minutes ago, 1985rz1 said:

That could be why O chose to eliminate foreign mailings

It doesnt stop them sending almost weekly marketing brochures. Written in British English and priced in sterling so, presumably, printed here and mailed from here. I assume that's all handled by their office in Southampton. 

Edited by Harters
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 3

2 hours ago, Harters said:

We received our packs for our April cruise and we are in the U.K.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ORV said:

Just got documents for upcoming cruise. They have a nice blue folder everything goes in. 4 luggage tags that you can continue to use and an insert for your current cruise. They have a plastic tie to attach them with. 

We didn’t have these in January so it must be a new deal. 

IMG_1150.thumb.jpeg.d488af5770a937370d212d96e3efc1bd.jpeg

IMG_1151.jpeg

IMG_1152.jpeg

IMG_1153.jpeg

32 minutes ago, golfguyhhi said:

Orv,

Got mine last week for early April cruise.  I rather like the reusable luggage tags.

I like the tags as well. Mine are always lost and/or stolen. 

ORV;

We got ours last week for our 4/1 cruise. Besides the tags you have shown, there was also a multi page brochure on the Riveria. None of our cruise information was included, just a fancy brochure on the Riveria with pictures of all its cabins and dining venues. Other venues such as the pool and croquet court was also featured.

39 minutes ago, pinotlover said:

ORV;

We got ours last week for our 4/1 cruise. Besides the tags you have shown, there was also a multi page brochure on the Riveria. None of our cruise information was included, just a fancy brochure on the Riveria with pictures of all its cabins and dining venues. Other venues such as the pool and croquet court was also featured.

Yes, same for us with a book on Regatta. No personalization at all. I guess all that will be in the final documents. 

28 minutes ago, SophieM said:

Oooooohhhh, we should be getting ours any day for our 4/28 on the Riviera!

Dinner soon??

Are you back from your trip already. Just let me know. 

2 hours ago, hills of hasland said:

We received our packs for our April cruise and we are in the U.K.

Interesting. 

There was a fair amount of mention last year of folk no longer getting them. And we didnt get them for our cruise last June (and havent for our forthcoming one). Maybe the change of policy was sometime between your April cruise and my June one. 

@Harters & @Vallesan, I’m not totally surprised they’re not sending them to the UK.  Our post to the UK is really hit and miss and can take weeks and weeks to get there.  However, when we went on a cruise with friends in the UK, they did get the pack and ours as well!  

• Like 1

Since the pandemic, we haven’t received the blue book.  Not a big deal. Two out of our 3 post pandemic cruises, we didn’t get luggage tags.  At the ship, we got tags. Again, not a big deal. Blue books were classy, but not essential. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Redtravel said:

Since the pandemic, we haven’t received the blue book.  Not a big deal. Two out of our 3 post pandemic cruises, we didn’t get luggage tags.  At the ship, we got tags. Again, not a big deal. Blue books were classy, but not essential. 

I agree … classy but not essential… but … there was always a little ‘thrill’ when the package arrived as you knew the cruise was ‘just around the corner’!

Not essential but nice!

• Like 6

Another UK passenger here - we just received the blue pack for our April cruise, with the luggage labels, decorative tags and the glossy ship book.  Getting close now!

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Harters said:

We live in the Uk and received the same package for our cruise on The Vista in April.  It was a lovely surprise as I wasn’t expecting it.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Vallesan said:

I wonder if they have restarted again.

If so, seemingly, only for cruises from April. All I've had for our cruise this month is the emailed "final cruise vacation summary" (same as we got for the cruise last summer). Which is absolutely fine. We did get the full pack for our 2018 cruise and I can't recall it including anything of significance that isnt available through our online account with O, so no big deal one way or the other.