Yukon rail

kajasmin

Probably not. The round trip train doesn't "enter" Canada. It just stops, turns around, and heads back. Whereas the one way trains require a Canadian CBP agent to walk the train to check everyone's paperwork.

There aren't many train departures - as long as you are both on a train that does enter Canada, it's easy to have some folks return by train while the rest go by bus, just make sure you book the same train timeslot for everyone.

I'd suggest Chilkoot - more options, cheaper, smaller buses than cruiseline, and they sell various combos, and every we used 'bus only' some folks got off or on because they were doing a combo with the train. One time we even ended up giving a ride to a whole mess of extra folks who couldn't return by train because an engine burst into flames on the way up!

Ok! I have shown them the pics and they have decided the bus/rail combo does look good. Our options are:

830am bus then train

1230 train then bus

Any reason why one is better over another?

16 hours ago, kajasmin said:

Ok! I have shown them the pics and they have decided the bus/rail combo does look good. Our options are:

830am bus then train

1230 train then bus

Any reason why one is better over another?

Have you looked at the entire day tour: https://chilkootcharters.com/yukon-rail-bus/#book I think the further you get into the Yukon the better.