Question Regarding Mon-Alcoholic Drinks and Pricing.

Daruma

Hiya, folks. 

I don't drink alcohol, but do enjoy the occasional "Mocktail," Milk Shake, maybe a Specialty Coffee or Tea... maybe. 

First, in all the reviews and YouTube videos I've watched... I don't think I've seen mention of Milk Shakes... though given there's an ice cream shop, there must be Milk Shakes, right? 

Can anyone tell me roughly the cost of Mocktails & Milk Shakes please? 

I know of some bars that charge the same price for virgin cocktails as they do alcoholic ones, and some places that reduce the price. 

I'm just wondering, based on approximate price, if I'd drink $300 worth of those items over the course of 5 & 6 days, (the length of my two different VV  cruises). 

Thank you for your help. 

There is a place that makes smoothies.  They have recipes for both alcoholic and non-alcoholic, but they are made in the Social Club Bar and do not use ice cream....not made at the ice cream shop.

Moctails--generally $2 or 3 less than the posted price for the alcoholic version...figure $8 per drink, some might be a little more.  The smoothies with alcohol are about 9, without about $6-7.  These prices were as of Nov. 2023.  Specialty tea is $5, coffee in that same general range.  I'm not a coffee person; I think some were in the $6 range.

If you have DBE, you get $10 credit at The Grounds Club each day (per cabin, not per person and it is per day--doesn't roll over to another day if not used).  2 of us have never used up $300 in 5 or 6 days....but it depends on how much you consume, whether alcoholic or not.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, cantgetin said:

There is a place that makes smoothies.  They have recipes for both alcoholic and non-alcoholic, but they are made in the Social Club Bar and do not use ice cream....not made at the ice cream shop.

Moctails--generally $2 or 3 less than the posted price for the alcoholic version...figure $8 per drink, some might be a little more.  The smoothies with alcohol are about 9, without about $6-7.  These prices were as of Nov. 2023.  Specialty tea is $5, coffee in that same general range.  I'm not a coffee person; I think some were in the $6 range.

If you have DBE, you get $10 credit at The Grounds Club each day (per cabin, not per person and it is per day--doesn't roll over to another day if not used).  2 of us have never used up $300 in 5 or 6 days....but it depends on how much you consume, whether alcoholic or not.

Thank you. 

Not sure what, "DBE," means... so I'm going with, "I don't have it, Alex for $200" lol. 

At those prices I'd never drink $300 worth of non-alcoholic drinks... so I'll just pay ala carte, thank you. 

DBE is Deep Blue Extras, a loyalty reward program that you could get thru 2023 either by sailing 2 VV cruises or applying for their "status match" with another line.  If you didn't apply by by the end of 2023, you cannot get it now.  They are supposedly coming out with a different program "soon." Those who got the old program still get it on cruises thru at least 2024.

We've never come close to using up our "free" bar tab.  If your booking includes any loot, that can also pay for your drinks, and regular brewed tea, coffee, soda, water, and juices are included in all bookings.  Make friends with someone who has a $600 free tab!

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, cantgetin said:

DBE is Deep Blue Extras, a loyalty reward program that you could get thru 2023 either by sailing 2 VV cruises or applying for their "status match" with another line.  If you didn't apply by by the end of 2023, you cannot get it now.  They are supposedly coming out with a different program "soon." Those who got the old program still get it on cruises thru at least 2024.

We've never come close to using up our "free" bar tab.  If your booking includes any loot, that can also pay for your drinks, and regular brewed tea, coffee, soda, water, and juices are included in all bookings.  Make friends with someone who has a $600 free tab!

Thank you. 

Only been on two cruises before... Disney 15 yrs ago, and I forget the line 10 yrs before that... but we went to St.Thomas and St. Marteen, (sp?). 

So, no status with anyone anywhere. 

1 hour ago, Daruma said:

Hiya, folks. 

I don't drink alcohol, but do enjoy the occasional "Mocktail," Milk Shake, maybe a Specialty Coffee or Tea... maybe. 

First, in all the reviews and YouTube videos I've watched... I don't think I've seen mention of Milk Shakes... though given there's an ice cream shop, there must be Milk Shakes, right? 

Can anyone tell me roughly the cost of Mocktails & Milk Shakes please? 

I know of some bars that charge the same price for virgin cocktails as they do alcoholic ones, and some places that reduce the price. 

I'm just wondering, based on approximate price, if I'd drink $300 worth of those items over the course of 5 & 6 days, (the length of my two different VV  cruises). 

Thank you for your help. 

Most mocktails are $5 (mojitos, daqueries, bloody marys, etc.) The exceptions are the ones that contain non-alcoholic spirits, such as Seedlip, which are $7-12, depending on the drink. (Some of these 'spirits' retail in stores for more than the alcoholic equivalents, so this makes sense). I believe the non-alcoholic sparkling wine is $7. The agua frescas at Pink Agave are $3. 

Social Club has alcoholic milkshakes, which can be made non-alcoholic, but I don't know the price. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, Swells1 said:

This^^^  What a great resource!

If you don't drink alcohol, you'll have a hard time using up the Bar Tab in a short cruise of 5 or 6 days.  There is no refund of unused Bar Tab at the end of the cruise.  

There are no traditional milkshakes on board.  The ice cream counter, "Like Me Till I Scream", is scoops only.  The Social Club serves a variation of a milkshake made with some ice cream and soda, with or without alcohol.  There's no blender to mix it up.  It's handmade and stirred.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, kaysha2004 said:

The Social Club serves a variation of a milkshake made with some ice cream and soda, with or without alcohol.

Ice cream and soda is a float, think Coke Float or similar.

• Thanks 1