Warning about Ultra Music Fest this weekend. 3/22 to 3/24

It's Ultra Music Fest this weekend so expect some mayhem, lots of noise, interesting people watching and some street closures.

https://wsvn.com/entertainment/ultra-music-festival-returns-to-downtown-miami-this-weekend/

Miami Police put out this statement about getting to the Port. 

"Access to Port Miami will always remain open on NE 5 street.  However, as a recommendation please utilize the Port of Miami Tunnel, which can be accessed fro I-395"

2 hours ago, Host CJSKIDS said:

It's Ultra Music Fest this weekend so expect some mayhem, lots of noise, interesting people watching and some street closures.

https://wsvn.com/entertainment/ultra-music-festival-returns-to-downtown-miami-this-weekend/

Miami Police put out this statement about getting to the Port. 

"Access to Port Miami will always remain open on NE 5 street.  However, as a recommendation please utilize the Port of Miami Tunnel, which can be accessed fro I-395"

We found out about this when we wanted to book a pre cruise hotel at the Intercontinental.  I was told that the road to the hotel would be closed and the police would have to let taxis, etc. through to get there.  Also on the night of 24 March there is music all afternoon at the pool area and at night right in the hotel lobby from 10PM until 3AM.  Therefore we did not book the Intercontinental.

12 minutes ago, marycruz said:

We found out about this when we wanted to book a pre cruise hotel at the Intercontinental.  I was told that the road to the hotel would be closed and the police would have to let taxis, etc. through to get there.  Also on the night of 24 March there is music all afternoon at the pool area and at night right in the hotel lobby from 10PM until 3AM.  Therefore we did not book the Intercontinental.

Smart move, you would have been able to hear the music.  We lived on Brickell Ave and could hear it.  Some of the offices in the area will close early on Friday due to it. It's an interesting weekend in the area. 

Hope you found some place great to stay and enjoy your time in the area.

1 hour ago, Host CJSKIDS said:

Smart move, you would have been able to hear the music.  We lived on Brickell Ave and could hear it.  Some of the offices in the area will close early on Friday due to it. It's an interesting weekend in the area. 

Hope you found some place great to stay and enjoy your time in the area.

We found the AKA Brickell to stay.  I hope we don't hear music all night.  Not sure how close to the music fest this is.

8 minutes ago, marycruz said:

We found the AKA Brickell to stay.  I hope we don't hear music all night.  Not sure how close to the music fest this is.

You may just hear some base depending on which way your room faces but that will end by 11 pm.    If you have ever seen the Bad Boys movies, this is the building that they use as the police headquarters!  They actually were just there two weeks ago filming Bad Boys 4 in front of the building and in the area again.  

The lobby is up on the 6th floor in case the website doesn't tell you.  

Great location and lots of great restaurants in the area.  

17 minutes ago, Host CJSKIDS said:

You may just hear some base depending on which way your room faces but that will end by 11 pm.    If you have ever seen the Bad Boys movies, this is the building that they use as the police headquarters!  They actually were just there two weeks ago filming Bad Boys 4 in front of the building and in the area again.  

The lobby is up on the 6th floor in case the website doesn't tell you.  

Great location and lots of great restaurants in the area.  

Thanks for the info - especially regarding the lobby.  I believe our room is facing the bay.

1 hour ago, KINGBOBOFTHENORTH said:

Final DJ sets at Ultra actually end at Midnight.

You are right.  Midnight Friday and Saturday and 10 pm Sunday.  

The worst year was when they held it over at the Marine stadium on Key Biscayne.  Speakers were all pointed at Brickell.  Between that and the lights, it was a long weekend. 

I have friends that go every year and I still don't get it!  

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Host CJSKIDS said:

You are right.  Midnight Friday and Saturday and 10 pm Sunday.  

The worst year was when they held it over at the Marine stadium on Key Biscayne.  Speakers were all pointed at Brickell.  Between that and the lights, it was a long weekend. 

Forgot to ask.  Have you ever stayed at AKA Brickell?  If so, how was it?

14 minutes ago, marycruz said:

Forgot to ask.  Have you ever stayed at AKA Brickell?  If so, how was it?

I stayed there in 2012 when it was the Conrad (hilton property) while condo shopping in the area but we have had friends that have stayed there while visiting us.  The rooms still looked great when we went to see them.  Haven't been in the hotel since it changed hands but have had a drink at the bar upstairs, outside on the balcony. 

Some of the units were condos, some the hotel.  There is a bank at the bottom of the building. 

As I said, it's a great location. You will have so much within walking distance and it's a quick ride to the port which you may still be able to see from the bar balcony.

1 hour ago, Host CJSKIDS said:

I stayed there in 2012 when it was the Conrad (hilton property) while condo shopping in the area but we have had friends that have stayed there while visiting us.  The rooms still looked great when we went to see them.  Haven't been in the hotel since it changed hands but have had a drink at the bar upstairs, outside on the balcony. 

Some of the units were condos, some the hotel.  There is a bank at the bottom of the building. 

As I said, it's a great location. You will have so much within walking distance and it's a quick ride to the port which you may still be able to see from the bar balcony.

Thanks again for the information!

16 hours ago, Host CJSKIDS said:

I don't go to Ultra but I do go to EDC-Orlando up here every year. I am flying down to Miami tomorrow morning for a few different music events this weekend.

1 hour ago, Cienfuegos said:

One of the Port of Miami cruise webcams has been surveying the set up for the festival.  Looks like a very big operation

The set up is something to watch for the festival.  The park around it has been closed for quite a while. 

• Like 1