Cheers Package Question

38 minutes ago, DallasGuy75219 said:

I didn't say that's why you (or anyone really)  tips.  But it is one of the natural consequences of a compensation system where individual compensation is primarily based on tips.

I know you didn't, I was just saying what effect that would have on me if I found out that was why they were doing something underhanded. And after giving it some more thought, what employee is going to potentially hazard their job because they get a couple extra bucks from someone? If they are bending the rules then they are likely being allowed to.

On 3/22/2024 at 10:58 AM, sparks1093 said:

I know you didn't, I was just saying what effect that would have on me if I found out that was why they were doing something underhanded. And after giving it some more thought, what employee is going to potentially hazard their job because they get a couple extra bucks from someone? If they are bending the rules then they are likely being allowed to.

By asking them to accept a S&S for payment that is not yours is asking them to risk their job.  

3 hours ago, Elaine5715 said:

By asking them to accept a S&S for payment that is not yours is asking them to risk their job.  

They can say no. But they don't. Which means they have management's tacit approval of the practice.

11 hours ago, sparks1093 said:

They can say no. But they don't. Which means they have management's tacit approval of the practice.

Actually after giving it some thought I did have a server say no on our last sailing. I stopped at the small coffee shop on lido one morning to grab a specialty coffee to take to DW for a wake up call. I ordered two since I might as well have one as well. Even though they weren't the spiked coffee the server would only give me one since I only had my own S&S card. I could have waited 5 minutes for the second one but I didn't, I just took the one that she made and took it to DW. (And FWIW I still left an additional tip.)