Cheers Package Question

I searched, but couldn't find the answer.  My husband and I will each have the Cheers Package.  Let's say I'm getting ready for dinner, and he goes to the bar to get drinks for us.  Is he allowed to take my sign and sail card with him and bring two drinks back (one for each card) to the cabin?  Or do I have to go get my own.

• Like 1

I assume the "technical" rule is no, but in actual practicality absolutely he can.  I have sailed many times with Cheers and quite often do this and have never had a single employee tell me no.  

• Like 4

Thank you!  I know you can on RCI, but we haven't sailed on Carnival in a while.  They didn't have the Cheers Package then.  If we're told no, it's no big deal.  I was just curious.  Thanks again!

• Like 2

Especially if you 'get to know' your bartenders I don't think this will be a problem. Obviously have him take both S&S cards.

• Like 3

I have also done this many times. The only time I have been asked is when we are in an enclosed bar, like Red Frog Pub and she is with me at those times so it's easy to point her out.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Elaine5715 said:

Bartenders don't need to fill two drink orders without the second person present.

Right, that's why I said they'll often look to make sure the other person is nearby - at least until/unless the bartender has rapport with the guest. Tipping isn't necessary for that though.

2 hours ago, mz-s said:

Right, that's why I said they'll often look to make sure the other person is nearby - at least until/unless the bartender has rapport with the guest. Tipping isn't necessary for that though.

Doesn't hurt and since they are going you a solid, you really should and OP specifically said their spouse was in the room.   You think "rapport" isn't dependent on level of generosity?   

Watched someone in front of me be denied in January on the Paradise.  One he left I ordered for my wife and I with both cards.  She was in the room at the time but we had both been to that bar multiple times.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Elaine5715 said:

Doesn't hurt and since they are going you a solid, you really should and OP specifically said their spouse was in the room.   You think "rapport" isn't dependent on level of generosity?   

Rapport could be as simple as the bartender recognizes you from 30 minutes ago.

• Like 1

Same as others are saying. I think technically they can say no, but have done it times after being at a bar and getting to know the bartender a bit and them seeing how both cards are in the same room. 

I’ve even had a bartender let someone in our group order for himself, me and my mom at the same time without me and my mom being with him. It probably really just depends on the bartender but I’ve never ran into issues with this. 

We definitely establish a rapport with the bartenders.  lol  Hopefully it won't be a problem, but if it is, it's really no big deal.  Thank you everyone for your replies.

• Like 1

On 3/20/2024 at 8:55 AM, Elaine5715 said:

Depends on whether the two of you have been to that bar together before, were you nice and did you tip?

We're always exceptionally nice to wait staff everywhere we go.  The bartenders get to know my husband quickly.  No, he's not a drunk, he's just nice, happy, and a lot of fun.  We've even had a bartender hang out with our group off ship at the beach. 🙂 

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, DallasGuy75219 said:

Let's get real... tips grease the wheels for any bartender (whether on a cruise or on land) to bend the rules in the tipper's favor.

That isn't why I tip and if a bar tender said that an extra tip would make him bend the rules in my favor he wouldn't receive an extra tip from me (and yes, I realize that most people would tip extra).

• Like 1

2 hours ago, sparks1093 said:

That isn't why I tip and if a bar tender said that an extra tip would make him bend the rules in my favor he wouldn't receive an extra tip from me (and yes, I realize that most people would tip extra).

I didn't say that's why you (or anyone really)  tips.  But it is one of the natural consequences of a compensation system where individual compensation is primarily based on tips.