Earliest time boarding in port of Galveston?

10 minutes ago, rozen said:

What time is the start boarding in Port of Galveston?

Depends on the ship condition, but likely sometime after 10AM. That is different from check-in/arrival time.

We were on the Harmony out of Galveston 3 weeks ago, Uber dropped us off at 10:20 and they were already allowing passengers to enter the terminal.  We were quickly through security and sat in the lounge for maybe 10 minutes before they allowed passengers to board.   We were on the Royal Promenade by 10:45 making dinner reservations, it was quick.

24 minutes ago, JeffT237 said:

We were on the Harmony out of Galveston 3 weeks ago, Uber dropped us off at 10:20 and they were already allowing passengers to enter the terminal.  We were quickly through security and sat in the lounge for maybe 10 minutes before they allowed passengers to board.   We were on the Royal Promenade by 10:45 making dinner reservations, it was quick.

Just curious: what arrival time had you picked when you did online check-in? Or were you in a suite/etc. and it didn't matter when you arrived at the terminal?

16 minutes ago, joepeka said:

Just curious: what arrival time had you picked when you did online check-in? Or were you in a suite/etc. and it didn't matter when you arrived at the terminal?

So I signed on at midnight ship's time when check in was available and received an 11:00 time, I believe that's the earliest. Once we got through security we sat in a lounge with everyone else (wasn't that crowded) and shortly after that they began boarding, Key and Suites followed by loyalty status. It was quick, we are Platinum  and the time from the first group called to our group was just a few minutes.  They did check the boarding passes for the groups they called, so from the Key passengers to us in Platinum it was just a few minutes. 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

10+- am is the earliest . However it really doesn’t matter much , for embarkation process in Galveston is so easy these days with new terminal and all the close available parking . 

Edited by ssb

Also depends on the ship size, I believe. For Adventure in very early 2023, we got a check-in time of 10:30 (the earliest available) and were on board in minutes. For Harmony this past January, the earliest check-in time was 11:00 (bigger ship, more people to get off and on). We got 11:00 but were checked in, through security, and walking on board before 11:00. Galveston is THE fastest and easiest boarding of any departure port we've been to. And you can't beat the parking at the port. I park farther away just to get into my office at work. 🙂 

I’ve checked in and got a 1:00 pm check in time with a 12:00 pm reservation for lunch in a specialty restaurant.  Got there when boarding began and was on the ship waiting for my reservation.  Nobody looked at the boarding time.  I have done a back to back when there were a few people who had not exited the ship that they were frantically looking for.  They said it was delaying the new people getting on board.

9 minutes ago, Wanna Be Retired said:

I’ve checked in and got a 1:00 pm check in time with a 12:00 pm reservation for lunch in a specialty restaurant.  Got there when boarding began and was on the ship waiting for my reservation.  Nobody looked at the boarding time.  I have done a back to back when there were a few people who had not exited the ship that they were frantically looking for.  They said it was delaying the new people getting on board.

Sounds like we had the same b2b. 2 stowaways. They came onboard and checked out passports, all set to return to our cabins except for the 2 stowaways. Eventually they had to march us all off the ship. Took a while to find them.