Basic information on using Roll Call to ask AND to reply to questions

If I see someone's response to a Roll Call member's question, and would like to add my response to the original questioner, how do I do that? Do I need to "quote".  

For example, "B" has responded to "A's" question.  I would like to add my reply to A's question.  

Also, "Reply to topic" at bottom of page seems to relate to varied topics on the same page of the Roll Call.

9 minutes ago, artistcleveland said:

If I see someone's response to a Roll Call member's question, and would like to add my response to the original questioner, how do I do that? Do I need to "quote".  

For example, "B" has responded to "A's" question.  I would like to add my reply to A's question.  

Also, "Reply to topic" at bottom of page seems to relate to varied topics on the same page of the Roll Call.

Bottom left of the post you want to reply to (A) tap Quote. If there are multiple posts you want to respond to, tap the + in each post. 

Screenshot_20240321_162740_Chrome.jpg.8a8380b991cc73e5ffad0cb4905b1e41.jpg

Can someone please explain the various features of the Roll Call postings? I've initiated asking questions, and received replies, but am confused by the Quotes and other symbols when trying to reply to someone else's post. Screenshot2024-03-21at1_30_14PM.thumb.jpeg.5ec023dbc40ac1f395abd736a71b20d4.jpeg

Thanks.

If you hit the Quote box, then the commenter's entire post will be added to your response.

If you highlight part of a commenter's post (to show what your response is referring to), then just those words, sentences or paragragh will be shown with your response.

2 hours ago, artistcleveland said:

Can someone please explain the various features of the Roll Call postings? I've initiated asking questions, and received replies, but am confused by the Quotes and other symbols when trying to reply to someone else's post. Screenshot2024-03-21at1_30_14PM.thumb.jpeg.5ec023dbc40ac1f395abd736a71b20d4.jpeg

Thanks.

Using the Quote box.

The + is for multiple quotes. Tap / click on the + in each post you wish to quote. A count bubble will appear bottom right. Tap Quote in that bubble to start your reply.

1 minute ago, artistcleveland said:

Thank you broberts and Ferry_Watcher. 
are all posts in the Roll Call presumed to be on the same topic (“roll call”) in spite of various questions?

thx

Yes. A roll call is just a thread devoted to a particular voyage.