Cruise survey

On 3/21/2024 at 10:47 PM, Pcardad said:

It can only be completed while onboard the ship...unfortunately.

This is same as on Oceania. That means any bad experience getting off the ship at the end is never captured. And probably not the last evening either. HMMM. 

On 3/22/2024 at 5:41 AM, flossie009 said:

Suggest you email your Regent office

Just curious as to why you expected a survey to be sent to you after the cruise 🤔

Other cruise lines send the survey after the cruise. 

Last October the day before disembarking Splendor, I got an email link to the survey. The man in the business center helped me get started. This past Sunday I disembarked Splendor in Miami. There was no mid cruise survey or end of cruise survey. I was disappointed because I wanted to particularly praise two cruise members. I asked a lady on the transfer bus and she didn’t receive one either. I wonder if they have been discontinued for seven night cruises. 

I was on the same 7-day Splendor cruise that ended this past Sunday.  Passages had info as to the link to use for the end-of-cruise survey while on the ship.  However, both myself and my wife don't think it worked for us as, at the very end, when trying to submit, nothing happened.  As to those crew members, you should email Regent -- I believe there is a guest-relations email address that you can use, although I do not know it.  

If Regent was truly o interested in what we think, you would expect them to give us multiple options for providing feedback. The fact that they don.t, says it all.

1 hour ago, pappy1022 said:

Not for the final survey. I should have been more clear.

Perhaps they need to come up with a less technologically intensive means of completing the survey. It seems a lot of people are having trouble with it. 

I'm still curious if the survey includes nonsensical questions/answers that I mentioned in a prior post.   For example, one question on a prior survey was “How likely are you to cruise with Regent Seven Seas Cruises again?—the answers were “Excellent”, Very Good, etc.  

Maybe someone completing a current survey can let us know if those questions/answers still remain or if they have been corrected.

• Like 1

On 4/6/2024 at 12:28 PM, CruisetheCs said:

I'm still curious if the survey includes nonsensical questions/answers that I mentioned in a prior post.   For example, one question on a prior survey was “How likely are you to cruise with Regent Seven Seas Cruises again?—the answers were “Excellent”, Very Good, etc.  

Maybe someone completing a current survey can let us know if those questions/answers still remain or if they have been corrected.

I answered the survey in full on Voyager this past February. I would have noticed if there had been anything nonsensical as in your example above. So I think they might have caught it. Fingers crossed!

• 3 months later...

Just doing the end of cruise survey on Voyager. A few minor changes from the previous version experienced:

1. The survey can be accessed via QR code (in Passages and also on cards displayed at Reception)

2. Some of the questions have been tidied up to make more sense. 

3. Still no question about the quality of Wi-Fi/internet 🤨
4. Plenty of free-form boxes to allow for more detailed comments

5. Incentive offered. All surveys submitted to be entered in a draw to win one of two $100 SBC(non refundable). Not sure how anyone spends the prize if draw takes place at end of cruise 🙄

Survey still has to be submitted before disembarkation.

On 3/22/2024 at 8:49 AM, papaflamingo said:

Just got off Explorer in Tokyo 2 weeks ago.  The wifi was ok generally with some times when it was not all that good. So pretty "typical cruise ship internet."  If you want to do the survey, it's WAY EASIER to go to the Business Center on deck 5 and use the ships computer to do it.  The IT guy will help if you have any logon questions and their computers seem much more stable.  

Was on Explorer in March/April in Japan; totally agree with the above.

When we return from our cruise I send an email to Guest Relations Uk listing all the people I want to praise and note any concerns.

Recently returned from Mariner.

I always get a researched response to any issues and I know they pass on the praises to staff.

We’re on Voyager in October and recently discovered our BA flight had been changed after final payment.

Guest relations have been marvelous and have arranged a more suitable flight without us having to pay a supplement. 
cannot praise Southampton more, they’re wonderful.

• Like 1

I really don't get this.  When I'm on a cruise I want to spend my time enjoying myself(I'm selfish like that.) That does not include traipsing down to the business center to fill out the post(almost) cruise survey because RSS's online implementation is so poor.  I mean, really, this has been a complaint on this board since I've been following Regent.  I'm not sure they care about fixing this.  

• Thanks 1

17 hours ago, KenzSailing said:

That does not include traipsing down to the business center to fill out the post(almost) cruise survey because RSS's online implementation is so poor.

We had no issues filling out the survey on our iPads from the comfort of our suite (Voyager)

On 8/3/2024 at 2:30 PM, flossie009 said:

5. Incentive offered. All surveys submitted to be entered in a draw to win one of two $100 SBC(non refundable). Not sure how anyone spends the prize if draw takes place at end of cruise 🙄

As we disembarked Voyager this morning, the CD read out the names of the two lucky winners. Still not sure how they would utilise the non-refundable credit if the prize is not awarded until overnight prior to disembarkation; unless used to defray an outstanding balance.

Moot point anyway as we did not win ☹️

• Like 2

I generally do not like to fill out surveys since they normally cover many things which I really have little interest, are written asking the wrong question, and miss the items which I find important.  I would like to recognize the special crew members and bring up the items which I either found very good or had problems with.  Does anyone know if there is a contact in the corporate office that you can send your comments about your cruise to?   

1 hour ago, Scout16 said:

I would like to recognize the special crew members and bring up the items which I either found very good or had problems with. 

There are plenty of free-form boxes within the survey where all this information can be typed in easily.

5 hours ago, Scout16 said:

I would like to recognize the special crew members and bring up the items which I either found very good or had problems with.  Does anyone know if there is a contact in the corporate office that you can send your comments about your cruise to?

For us, it is important to give prompt feedback to the management on board the ship.

They can then pass on the positive feedback to crew members, including nominations for employee of the month and future promotion; and also directly address any shortcomings noted.

• Like 1

If Regent really wanted meaningful feedback it would offer the option of completing the survey after the cruise.  If it is completed before the end of the cruise it won't capture the last day or two of the cruise or the departure from the ship.  Things can go badly wrong or very right over the course of the last day or two.  

I've had too many problems with completing the form due to internet problems and the hassle of trying to give meaningful feedback on some device. The computer center on the ship can be used, but that means finding a time when it isn't busy and the internet isn't balking there also.  And why force guests to take time from their vacation if they prefer to complete the survey after the cruise has ended, especially when the survey can be very annoying to complete because of connectivity and device issues?

What other type of business would only let customers complete a satisfaction survey before a service transaction has been completed?

• Like 2

This issue has been a continued concern for fellow-travelers and self while on a series of post-COVID cruises--on several Regent ships.  Our most-recent was Splendor following June-July B/t/B GB-Scotland-Iceland-Greenland-Iceland segments.   

A fundamental administrative change needs to be made.  Simplify the process.  Eliminate on-ship Internet difficulties.  This should NOT be rocket science. Well, that may be a "Bridge Too Far". (BTF)

Regent must take a "Great Leap Forward" to address this ongoing vexing issue. 

Aside: BTF has been misused in so-many contexts unrelated to the historical context. For Military-types:  Arnhem, Holland. September, 1944.  Operation "Market-Garden".  Spouse and self visited Arnhem about 25 years ago.  Sobering.  Suggest reading Cornelius Ryan's book, same title.  

Pardon the diversion.  Back to present reality. 

Bottom Line is establishing a consistent and reliable platform and procedure providing timely feedback re: proper recognition to Staff at ALL levels--

Deck Hands removing standing water from Sports Deck Jogging Track; Engineering Staff in full-garb clearing-out "evacuation issues" in the hallways outside a particular Suite; dining venue folks serving drinks/food; Suite Attendants/Butlers. Let-alone: Entertainment staff and Cruise Directors.  

Mike Moore, who was a very-valuable advocate on these types of IT issue disconnects, no-longer works for Regent.  Apparently, his position has not been filled.  Pity.  

Therefore: a POC may be:

Jennefer Teegen, Director of Guest Experience and Loyalty.  

7300 Corporate Drive, Miami, FL 33126

jteegen@rssc.com

Have had positive interactions with Jennefer on several different contexts going back to 2020.  She has responded. 

Give it a try. 

GOARMY!

8 hours ago, GOARMY said:

This issue has been a continued concern for fellow-travelers and self while on a series of post-COVID cruises--on several Regent ships.  Our most-recent was Splendor following June-July B/t/B GB-Scotland-Iceland-Greenland-Iceland segments.   

A fundamental administrative change needs to be made.  Simplify the process.  Eliminate on-ship Internet difficulties.  This should NOT be rocket science. Well, that may be a "Bridge Too Far". (BTF)

Regent must take a "Great Leap Forward" to address this ongoing vexing issue. 

Aside: BTF has been misused in so-many contexts unrelated to the historical context. For Military-types:  Arnhem, Holland. September, 1944.  Operation "Market-Garden".  Spouse and self visited Arnhem about 25 years ago.  Sobering.  Suggest reading Cornelius Ryan's book, same title.  

Pardon the diversion.  Back to present reality. 

Bottom Line is establishing a consistent and reliable platform and procedure providing timely feedback re: proper recognition to Staff at ALL levels--

Deck Hands removing standing water from Sports Deck Jogging Track; Engineering Staff in full-garb clearing-out "evacuation issues" in the hallways outside a particular Suite; dining venue folks serving drinks/food; Suite Attendants/Butlers. Let-alone: Entertainment staff and Cruise Directors.  

Mike Moore, who was a very-valuable advocate on these types of IT issue disconnects, no-longer works for Regent.  Apparently, his position has not been filled.  Pity.  

Therefore: a POC may be:

Jennefer Teegen, Director of Guest Experience and Loyalty.  

7300 Corporate Drive, Miami, FL 33126

jteegen@rssc.com

Have had positive interactions with Jennefer on several different contexts going back to 2020.  She has responded. 

Give it a try. 

GOARMY!

It is my understanding that Regent did away with his position.

Part of the problem is that the on-ship routers (that connect your device to the ships WIFI network) have limited range when dealing with metal compartments. So you might have poor connection to the ship's WIFI network.

The ship's INTERNET (connection to the rest of the world) is not an issue here as the survey is housed on board and results are communicated at a later time to Corporate. Around 9AM of disembarkation day, the survey closes out because all existing guest users are wiped from the system to allow for the new guests.

Ideally, the survey could be completed at home after the cruise...but that would require a revamp of the system and new software to be purchased or written.

My fix has always been to go to a bar and blast out both surveys while my better half packs - I am no good at that anyway.

For what it's worth, you CAN do the survey without using the ship's internet. Due to connectivity and bandwidth issues we gave up using the Internet early on our Voyager cruise and went with 5G on our phones exclusively. And I was able to do the end-of-cruise survey in just a couple of minutes while in our suite.

Note that our cell plan treats international data just like domestic data, and that meant there were no outrageous roaming charges. So YMMV.