Favorite Place in Explorer Dining Room

That is correct me and my three sisters were invited to dine with Captain Gronhaug, his brother who was also cruising and and six other people last week on the Explorer of the Seas. My youngest sister was seated next to the captain and you should have seen the look on her face when she realized where she was to sit! But she said later that he was very easy to converse with and she injoyed speaking to him very much. A photographer was standing on the second tier and took a picture of all of us. The picture and a copy of the menu were presented to us as the dinner ended.

Don't ask me how we were selected I have no idea. The head waiter came to us the night before and asked if we would like to dine with the captian. We all said sure. The next morning an invitation arrived in our suite. The funny thing is that we were coming down from breakfast in the windjammer and an officer was in the elevator. He asked us what floor and we told him. When we arrived on the ninth floor we all (four sisters) got off and he followed us. He kept following us all the was to our room which was at the back of the ship. As I put the key in the door he handed me the invitation. I thanked him, he kind of bowed, turned and left.

Anyway it was a very nice dinner. Hopefully one day I will again be invited.

We had a table right inside the dining room on the bottom floor. It wasn't a spectacular location but it gave us a great point of view from which to watch people coming in on formal nights.

this applies for any Voyager class ship-

2nd floor (da gama on explorer), table by the railing, with a view of the stairs.

i had table 448 on my last cruise, besides the pillar right there, it was great.

TrueBlueTory,

We also had table 448 on the Explorer in July of last year! Did you have Sophia and Rohinton? They were both excellent wait staff and were extremely nice people.

This is prime dining location in my opinion!

Derek

You may request a small table (4-6) or a large (8-12). There are a very few tables for 2, but unless you are on your honeymoon, that's nowhere near as much fun as having a "dinner group" to laugh and share your adventures with!

I mean, you can talk to your SO anytime! We have always found that dinner is looked forward to, not just for the wonderful food and presentation, but for the conversation with our new dinner buddies!

Imagine this....everyone at our table was from Richmond Virginia, our home state! Sheer coincidence, we all stayed in touch after the cruise and even bought a car from one of the girls at the table.

We're booked on Explorer this coming June and it'll be our first time on the Voyager class.

Archived