New HAL passport requirements?

Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, Fouremco said:

Your post is puzzling. Furosemide is a diuretic used to reduce extra fluid in the body caused by conditions such as heart failure, high blood pressure, liver disease, and kidney disease. None of these are ladies-only conditions.

LOL. It’s not what I wrote ( and obviously didn’t read after posting.) iOS decided to make “lasix” into “ladies”.   And yes, I’m quite familiar with it, being an RN for 40 years and having been on it in the past.

And yes, lasix requires an rx in the US. 

Edited by TiogaCruiser
  • Like 3
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, TiogaCruiser said:

LOL. It’s not what I wrote ( and obviously didn’t read after posting.) iOS decided to make “lasix” into “ladies”.   And yes, I’m quite familiar with it, being an RN for 40 years and having been on it in the past.

And yes, lasix requires an rx in the US. 

Just love automatic spell checkers. Just not all the time...

• Like 1

I ended up finding the email for the Ministry of Health and wow, both times they responded to email right away.  Unfortunately, we have to fill out the official form and get that approved for an injectable.  Oh well.  I'm also submitting my husband's other prescription and will ask about that.  From what I read, not every drug is listed on the site.  I'm just going to be better safe than sorry. 

On 3/25/2024 at 1:06 AM, visagrunt said:

This is to facilitate South Korean entry and the reentry to Japan. 

Do take note:  foreign residents are required to have their passports on their person while visiting Japan.  There is a ¥100,000 fine if you cannot produce original identification (no copies) when asked by police to do so, and only passports are accepted for foreign nationals who don't have Japanese issued identification.

This means that the ship cannot collect passports at check in.  Presenting the physical passports for South Korean entry and exit would mean collecting all of them in a short period after leaving Fukuoka and returning them prior to Kanazawa.  The use of photocopied biodata pages is a courtesy.

Not HAL but have just been to Japan on Regent. Everyday we were reminded to carry our original passport ashore at all times as it is a legal requirement - copies would not  be acceptable.