“Live From” the Grandeur or Z and TB Live the High Life in the Caribbean!

6 hours ago, Pies4u said:

For clarity & completeness: The former quote - “…you are disgustingly drunk…….you will still be disgustingly ugly..” was Churchill to another MP, a famous Labour MP from Liverpool, Bessie Braddock. He was paraphrasing WC Fields from some film, I can’t recall the title.

"In 1934 the joke was used in the W. C. Fields film titled “It’s a Gift”. Fields portrayed a character named Harold Bissonette, and the scene with the quip occurred near the end of the film when a hostile character challenges Fields:

“You’re drunk.”
“Yeah, and you’re crazy, n’ I’ll be sober tomorrow n’ you’ll be crazy for the rest of your life.”"

• Thanks 1

While this Thread has about run its course, might has well relate another comment from W. Claud Fields.

WC was known to carry a flask on a movie set, which he referred to as his "pineapple juice".  Took a sip, now and then.  One of these occasions was when filming "Never Give a Sucker an Even Break."  His foil, Margaret Dumont--who had many a caper with the Marx Brothers' movies--was in that flick.    

Sooos:  someone substituted real pineapple juice for the booze in the flask. 

Fields' response, upon imbibing:  "What rascal has been putting pineapple juice in my pineapple juice?"

O.K.  We now return to our regularly scheduled program.  

Save travels.  

GOARMY!

• Like 1