Current Unlimited Dining and Deluxe Drink Package Pricing Harmony

Thinking of booking Harmony of the Seas in May/June. Could someone provide  recent daily pricing for both the unlimited dining and deluxe drink packages? I know pricing changes at times, but curious about ball park cost. Trying to decide between Harmony and Jubilee, thanks so much fellow cruisers!

The deluxe drink packages vary from about $80 to $110 retail according to the size of the ship. There is an automatic 18% gratuity added at the end of the check-out process when purchasing.

Discounts are available throughout the year and range from 10% to 35% if purchased before the cruise.

The best deals tend to occur on the week of Black Friday and Cyber Monday.

The prices can be all over the place and depends on your ship, time of year, and Royal's fabulous "dynamic pricing" (sarcasm intended).

The pricing yesterday for the Ultimate Dinning package was a little over $300 per person, this is for an 8 day cruise. The Drink package was $72.99 per person and that is the lowest I have seen in the last couple of months. 

2 minutes ago, Engineroom Snipe said:

The deluxe drink packages vary from about $80 to $110 retail according to the size of the ship. There is an automatic 18% gratuity added at the end of the check-out process when purchasing.

Discounts are available throughout the year and range from 10% to 35% if purchased before the cruise.

The best deals tend to occur on the week of Black Friday and Cyber Monday.

The prices can be all over the place and depends on your ship, time of year, and Royal's fabulous "dynamic pricing" (sarcasm intended).

My prices were per day per person, sorry for not including that.

we paid 77.99 pp last night.  Pricey...yes, but we love the freedom of ordering what we want, when we want it, knowing it is already paid for.  Besides, we love trying new drinks, and if we do not like it, we just order another type.  Make it fun and realize you likely will not drink enough to recoup your initial price...but have fun.

• 2 weeks later...
10 minutes ago, the admiral12 said:

Do you think this is as low as it will go or should I wait?

It doesn't matter - if you plan to buy it, buy it now and look for drops later. If so, cancel and re-buy.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, the admiral12 said:

I am on the May 19 Harmony and currently my UDP offering price is $340  and drink Package $77. 

Do you think this is as low as it will go or should I wait?  

I'm on this same sailing. And I check pricing daily.

The only time the drink package has been lower than that was a one day sale for national margarita day. It came down to $71. Even Black Friday was higher. 

The lowest the dining plan has been is $249 before grat or $294 with grat. That was with the Black Friday sale and a few other sales since then. 

No idea if they will drop down to those prices again before sailing, but as the last comment says you can always cancel and rebook.

• 2 weeks later...

We will be in a suite next year in May on Indy for our 45th anniversary.  Indy has no CK.  So we are considering the UDP.  At this point with a 15% discount offered the price is $553 pp.  12 night cruise.  So that is $46 pp per night.  Is that a good deal?  Should I wait (cruise is a year away)? Can I get a D+ discount on top of this too?  We usually do Oasis class on Royal with CK included so we have not considered this before.  Thanks for any advice!

1 hour ago, TeeRick said:

Should I wait (cruise is a year away)?

@TeeRick

You might want to try and wait for specials which occur before and after Thanksgiving since you are one year away. At worst, I believe you will still get a 15% discount and at best you might do better.

I have been offered the UDP 40% off with gratuities included on the Odyssey sailing this November for $270 per person for a seven day cruise non-holiday.

Please read all of the fine print. Unlimited is not truly unlimited. There are many add-on surcharges for different venues and a-la-carte pricing allowance is limited to one per day.

Lunches in specialty venues are normally available on sea days only.

Choice reservation times fill up quickly. You might not get the times of your choice if you like to be spontaneous and do same day or even next day reservations. Normally Izumi Hibachi/Teppanyaki reservations are completely filled by mid afternoon on boarding day. These reservations must be made at that particular restaurant unlike the rest where you can reserve multiple restaurants at one specialty restaurant.

Important clause: "Subject to availability."

What's Included

• Specialty dining for dinner every night of your sailing and lunch on sea days.
  • For venues with a la carte pricing, you’ll receive a $20 food credit — with the exception of Izumi in the Park, where you’ll receive a $10 food credit. Credits can only be used once a day.
  • For ships with Izumi Sushi, you’ll have a choice of a prix fixe menu, or a $39.99 food credit for the a la carte menu.
  • For ships with the following venues, these are included with an additional surcharge: Izumi Hibachi/Teppanyaki — $15 surcharge. Chef's Table — $49.99 surcharge. Empire Supper Club — $130 surcharge. Wonderland by DaDong — $24.99 surcharge. These will be charged once onboard.
  • For applicable sailings, Holiday Celebration Dinners are included with a surcharge. These will be charged once onboard.

• Thanks 1

Complete RCCL newbie here. I was checking on a 2025 June cruise and the unlimited dining came out to $55 per night. Given that the individual charges are not much higher, what is the advantage of the package, even if you went every night? I think I'm missing something important. If this is covered somewhere else, please forgive and refer me there.

Thanks

1 hour ago, Nobbi said:

Complete RCCL newbie here. I was checking on a 2025 June cruise and the unlimited dining came out to $55 per night. Given that the individual charges are not much higher, what is the advantage of the package, even if you went every night? I think I'm missing something important. If this is covered somewhere else, please forgive and refer me there.

Thanks

You can also get lunch on sea days.

1 hour ago, Nobbi said:

Thanks

In so many words, you must compare how many nights and sea days you have during your cruise. Compare them to just buying them out right without any package.

You arrive on your embarkation day to make reservations without your discount and find only four nights of special dining package are available at the times of your choice. It might be cheaper to do that then settle for seven nights and say three sea days at times that are not convenient for you.

The unlimited dining plan can be like an unlimited drinking plan where you indulge more and at times that you do not want but feel that you must "get your monies' worth."

It may be better to pay full price for a meal that you want when you want it than settle for a meal at a specialty restaurant that happens to be available just to get your "monies' worth."

I have constantly weighed the unlimited dining plan against the cost but have been disappointed that reservations cannot be made until onboard which can severely limit my choices.

Nothing "unlimited" about their unlimited dining plan.

LOTS of limitations placed on trying to use it.

29 minutes ago, Engineroom Snipe said:

In so many words, you must compare how many nights and sea days you have during your cruise. Compare them to just buying them out right without any package.

You arrive on your embarkation day to make reservations without your discount and find only four nights of special dining package are available at the times of your choice. It might be cheaper to do that then settle for seven nights and say three sea days at times that are not convenient for you.

The unlimited dining plan can be like an unlimited drinking plan where you indulge more and at times that you do not want but feel that you must "get your monies' worth."

It may be better to pay full price for a meal that you want when you want it than settle for a meal at a specialty restaurant that happens to be available just to get your "monies' worth."

I have constantly weighed the unlimited dining plan against the cost but have been disappointed that reservations cannot be made until onboard which can severely limit my choices.

Nothing "unlimited" about their unlimited dining plan.

LOTS of limitations placed on trying to use it.

Thank you so much. I appreciate your advice!

• Like 1