What would you do?

Drumbeat16

On 3/28/2024 at 1:08 PM, buchanan101 said:

In pitching the ship will tend to pivot about a point 2/3rds of the way back . . .

So if this is true, a person who wants a cabin with the least likely movement would want a cabin generally close enough to Staircase C on QM2?

1 hour ago, ChrisMV said:

So if this is true, a person who wants a cabin with the least likely movement would want a cabin generally close enough to Staircase C on QM2?

Those cabins are only available on Deck 11,10, 9, 8, 6, 5, 4 and 3

5 hours ago, ChrisMV said:

Dr. Payne said the solo cabins on 2 and 3 have the least movement - the Centre of Gravity being in the Britannia restaurant. 2018 has the least of all. But I would caution about overthinking it. Yes QM2 moves with the sea, but very little. I've been in 2018 as well as 13003 (and plenty in between) and she is remarkably stable whereever you are.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, Pushpit said:

Dr. Payne said the solo cabins on 2 and 3 have the least movement - the Centre of Gravity being in the Britannia restaurant. 2018 has the least of all. But I would caution about overthinking it. Yes QM2 moves with the sea, but very little. I've been in 2018 as well as 13003 (and plenty in between) and she is remarkably stable whereever you are.

Strictly speaking it's not the centre of gravity, but the balance point in a swell - 2/3rds of the way back. (there is a Youtube video of him describing this).  CofG will be right in midships

Described here at 9:20 - he wanted the Britannia Restaurant at point of least motion