one-time internet use, onboard?

On 3/28/2024 at 5:13 AM, wcook said:

You can always ask some random stranger on the boat. People are surprisingly willing to help out. 

I was going to make the same suggestion.  Be nice and ask someone if you can buy them a drink in exchange for 5-10 minutes of internet time.  

On 3/28/2024 at 6:58 PM, donaldsc said:

What is the advantage of jumping through hoops to checking in ahead of time.  You will still have to go to a kiosk at the airport to get your luggage tags.  Nobody has ever explained to me the advantage of early check in.

DON

in my case (Air Canada), its twofold: after spending $2000 on 2 one-way tickets home, I'd have to pay another approx $250 to select seats for our (2connecting) flights home. I refuse to. When I check-in 24 hours ahead I can pick from what seats are left for "free".(which I usually do). If they're all spoken for, at least I'll still have my boarding pass( AC is notorious for over-booking) so I'll have an assigned seat, but prob.in the last row!

2 hours ago, jargey3000 said:

in my case (Air Canada), its twofold: after spending $2000 on 2 one-way tickets home, I'd have to pay another approx $250 to select seats for our (2connecting) flights home. I refuse to. When I check-in 24 hours ahead I can pick from what seats are left for "free".(which I usually do). If they're all spoken for, at least I'll still have my boarding pass( AC is notorious for over-booking) so I'll have an assigned seat, but prob.in the last row!

$250 for seat selection is crazy.  I hope the base fare was a bargain.  In your case, I would definitely buy a one day wifi plan and get the boarding pass and seats.