La Spezia Excursions

Bhgewilson

Hello all.  I am coming in on the Celebrity Equinox in July.  We arrive on Saturday the 13th and leave on the 14th.  

The 14th is a Sunday.  

Are things closed on Sunday?  Is it worth it to try to go to Pisa and see the sights or will they be closed.  

We have a small group: Village of Lari and Tuscan Farmhouse booked but I am not sure this will be open on a Sunday.  

We also booked Florence for the Saturday but not Pisa.  Would it be best to try them both in a single day?

Thanks in advance.  

4 hours ago, Bhgewilson said:

Are things closed on Sunday?  Is it worth it to try to go to Pisa and see the sights or will they be closed.  

We have a small group: Village of Lari and Tuscan Farmhouse booked but I am not sure this will be open on a Sunday.  

By "sights" in Pisa I assume you mean the Leaning Tower and the Field of Miracles (where the tower is located). 

Yes, the Tower is open on Sunday July 14 from 9am until 10pm, but be aware that you have to buy a ticket in advance if you want to climb it (not yet available for July):(https://www.opapisa.it/en/tickets/buy/ )

The other sites in the Field of Miracles (Campo dei Miracoli) are also open, including the Baptistery and Cathedral, although if services are being held, there may be periods when you cannot enter the Cathedral. Both of these are also work a look if you're going to be there.

I have no idea about the tour you mention.

On 3/28/2024 at 2:59 PM, Bhgewilson said:

Hello all.  I am coming in on the Celebrity Equinox in July.  We arrive on Saturday the 13th and leave on the 14th.  

The 14th is a Sunday.  

We also booked Florence for the Saturday but not Pisa.  Would it be best to try them both in a single day?

Thanks in advance.  

I will visit La Spezia and will go to Cinque Terre villages by train (the only way to visit it is by train). It is a pretty national park and schedules on Sunday are the same than on weekdays

5 hours ago, alserrod said:

I will visit La Spezia and will go to Cinque Terre villages by train (the only way to visit it is by train). It is a pretty national park and schedules on Sunday are the same than on weekdays

You can also get to the villages by road or small ferry boats.  The trains can be packed, during the high season.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Hlitner said:

You can also get to the villages by road or small ferry boats.  The trains can be packed, during the high season.

Yes I know, but I am afraid, with ferry boats I bet I could only visit no more than two ones

3 hours ago, alserrod said:

Yes I know, but I am afraid, with ferry boats I bet I could only visit no more than two ones

The fastest would be to go to Monterosso by train and then use the ferry between the villages. When you are in Riomaggiore, which is the closest to La Spezia, you can decide whether to return by train or ferry depending on how much time you have.  In that way you visit four villages. 

On a longer day, you could get off the train in Corniglia, then train to Monterosso and ferry back  as above. Like that you visit all five villages. 

• Like 2