Simply More and Wifi

john2003

I am confused if these have any relationship. In some of the sailings they offer some deal on wifi and it is mentioned in the same section as Simply.
I have nothing listed in the invoice where it shows the beverage benefit and the shore excursion credit so I assume I am out of luck for wifi. 

Off Vista just now.

• Everyone --SM, O-Life, or the old cruise-only-- got 2 "basic" logons per cabin.

• You could switch a logon from one device to another at any time, but it was a pain.

• The upgraded internet package simply moved you from a ship's router that blocked streaming to one that did not -- no extra bandwidth.

• Video-grade bandwidth on sea days, but starved for bandwidth in Port Canaveral with lots of folks ashore on popular excursions.  Go figure.

• Thanks 1

FYI….we have barely had wifi for 2 days on the Marina. IT claims there isn’t enough bandwidth for the people on wifi. It’s 2024, isn’t it? I realize Starlink is coming to Marina over the next year, but this is unacceptable for a premium line.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, clojacks said:

FYI….we have barely had wifi for 2 days on the Marina. IT claims there isn’t enough bandwidth for the people on wifi. It’s 2024, isn’t it? I realize Starlink is coming to Marina over the next year, but this is unacceptable for a premium line.

I had intermittent internet on the Marina in February in Antarctica.  

It was completely acceptable, actually far better than I expected given the remote location.  

2 hours ago, shepherd really said:

I had intermittent internet on the Marina in February in Antarctica.  

It was completely acceptable, actually far better than I expected given the remote location.  

For Antarctica, the most important difference StarLink makes is that it's satellites are in polar orbit (and actually overfly Antarctica) rather than equatorial orbit (and can't be used from high latitude) like all the other satellites used for internet-at-sea.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Snaefell3 said:

For Antarctica, the most important difference StarLink makes is that it's satellites are in polar orbit (and actually overfly Antarctica) rather than equatorial orbit (and can't be used from high latitude) like all the other satellites used for internet-at-sea.

Which is why I was pleasantly surprised that we had any service at all on Marina.