Neptune suite dining

Toad

Posted (edited)

I noticed that in a suite on the zuiderdam one has a special breakfast menu. How is it different from the regular room service or dining room menu?  Also, as I understand it we would be eligible for the club orange extra entrees.  How does that work?  Can you get that choice in the main dining room or does one need to go to club orange and if so, where is it?

Edited by Toad

• Toad changed the title to Neptune suite dining

On the Zuiderdam passengers sailing in a Neptune or Pinnacle Suite can have breakfast in the Pinnacle Grill.  It's the same menu as served in the main dining room.

Roger Jett has copies of the recent breakfast room service menus on his website.  You can visit them here and see the differences:  https://rogerjett-photography.com/specialty-2/hal-regular-and-specialty-restaurants/room-service-and-breakfast/

The Zudie doesn't have a separate Club Orange dining room.  The separate CO dining room is only available on the Pinnacle Class ships.  You will dine in the main dining room and should be given a CO menu or your waiter may provide you with a regular menu and simply tell you what the CO entrée is.  If you don't receive a CO menu or your waiter doesn't offer it then you should inquire about the CO entrée for that evening.  

Note that fresh squeezed OJ and Mimosas are complimentary when in a Neptune Suite.  We've only been in the Club Orange dining room on the three Pinnacle Class ships, and Cappuccino was also complimentary there, so it may also be in other classes.  

Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, Toad said:

I love fresh squeezed ok so that is good. Dining in the Pinnacle may also be good, does anyone know the breakfast times?

The Pinnacle breakfast hours are the same as the MDR breakfast hours. The times will be listed in the Navigator App, cabin TV and Daily When and Where paper.  The hours fluctuate based on whether it's a port or sea day, for example.

Here's a recent listing from @The-Inside-Cabin Thanks Pete!

image.thumb.png.3fd1abc44e15e4236f8ad366c585d684.png

~Nancy

Edited by oakridger
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, kdakda said:

Note that fresh squeezed OJ and Mimosas are complimentary when in a Neptune Suite.  We've only been in the Club Orange dining room on the three Pinnacle Class ships, and Cappuccino was also complimentary there, so it may also be in other classes.  

The fresh squeezed OJ and Mimosas are complimentary on the non Pinnacle Class ships in the Pinnacle Grill.

Hours are basically the same as the MDR.

While the menu may be similar, in the past, I have found the coffee to be superior and the food and service.  I haven’t been in one since 2022 but doing a last hurrah shortly - I will report.

My sister ended up with me on my last NS cruise.  It was my infamous “wheel chair” cruise.  So she was allowed in - easier for her to push me than them.  She loved it and wanted to do it every day.  I was happy to oblige 🙂 

• Like 1

Thank you all, I can’t wait to rediscover the suite life. We haven’t cruised for about five years so it all seems new and exciting. 

4 hours ago, Toad said:

I love fresh squeezed ok so that is good. Dining in the Pinnacle may also be good, does anyone know the breakfast times?

For us, breakfast in the Pinnacle Grill is usually one of the highlights of cruising in a Neptune Suite on a Vista Class ship.

Usually PG breakfast is great. However, on time on the Zaandam, pre-pandemic, my wife had to send the Eggs Benedict back 3 times before getting a egg that wasn't totally cold, as was the sauce. Most time it's great, but even the PG can have issues.