Photographer photos of Queen Anne progress - March 21, 2024

Posted (edited)

Was just trying to see what all was online, and came across this new set of progress photos: 

https://www.christopherison.com/search?_bqO=0&_bqH=eJxNjj0PgjAQhv8Ni4tEYgJJh3KtyflBSVticGmIVHAhojDIr7clRB16fd5L7rkrLbvAvYFDPUzhdj9F71tfQZ3qNkriKEzC9do_V9EwBaQfre1WVdfZYG4YmjEyOAbUJXG_0lRzDyCKTMvSoBI.ojKSHzlVnC0x_89CIs_cKIpstgipCXMmx4Xi0iAjhT9jGjco4vycPprAQGrQadz.BYsvyt0PTx4paPKy1fPaBuBtH2RpSqM-&ppg=100

If the link doesn't work, go to the photographer's search engine, type "Queen Anne," and arrange by most recent.

I found the photos of the Royal Court Theatre and restaurants most interesting!

Edited by abdullahhoneymoon
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 4

I'm concerned about the thermal suite. That spa pool looks quite a bit smaller than the ones on QE and QV, despite the fact that there are going to be more passengers. Also, it looks like the heated loungers are in the same area as the pool, so is that the only seating for the thermal suite? The Relaxation Lounge on other ships is an area to relax before a spa treatment. I don't think that's meant for people in wet bathing suits.

And no windows! I fear it's going to be dark and dreary like the spa on QM2. Not sure it's going to be worth the money to buy a pass, which is normally my favorite indulgence.

The Commodore Club looks like it will be very large, which is nice to see.

7 minutes ago, 3rdGenCunarder said:

I'm concerned about the thermal suite. That spa pool looks quite a bit smaller than the ones on QE and QV, despite the fact that there are going to be more passengers. Also, it looks like the heated loungers are in the same area as the pool, so is that the only seating for the thermal suite? The Relaxation Lounge on other ships is an area to relax before a spa treatment. I don't think that's meant for people in wet bathing suits.

And no windows! I fear it's going to be dark and dreary like the spa on QM2. Not sure it's going to be worth the money to buy a pass, which is normally my favorite indulgence.

The Commodore Club looks like it will be very large, which is nice to see.

I thought most of it looked lovely, and was particularly pleased the Library looked considerably larger than I feared, as far as I can tell. I love the MDR roof.

• Like 1

The MDR does look stunning. I love those columns! It looks like a set from one of the Fred & Ginger movies. Too bad the curved stair is too narrow to dance down elegantly.

The shape of the upper level is different than on Koningsdam, making the lower level look more open. The MDR on K'dam is very noisy. I hope that this design difference will improve that situation. 

• Like 2

She looks very different to the existing Queens but I really like the light and airy look. It's still got those art deco touches but has a more Mediterranean vibe. I think its a good thing that Cunard are trying new things and not just going for the same old same old. I can't wait to see it in real life next month.

• Like 5

On 3/31/2024 at 6:26 PM, exlondoner said:

I thought most of it looked lovely, and was particularly pleased the Library looked considerably larger than I feared, as far as I can tell. I love the MDR roof.

As the library is most important to me, that was my reaction too.

It will be interesting to see the choice of reading matter. Hopefully, pretty up to date as well as the tried and tested.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Pear Carr said:

Just about a month from her inaugural voyage  - is she going to be ready? Not really convinced by the photographs as still seems a lot to do!

As someone on the maiden, this did concern me a bit too. However, I do have a little faith. A lot of the pictures of large areas, such as the restaurant, bars, etc. look empty because there is just no seating yet - something very easy to bring on (maybe even brought on in Southampton later this month?)

It's not hard to imagine that there will be thousands of people working on the ship right now, and probably 50 to 100 hundred people working on these venues, most of which are probably on a lot of overtime pay right now. With that many, I think a lot of work can be done fairly quickly.

That being said, while I do believe she'll be "ready" on time, we'll continue to see work going on to some areas during our cruise. That is the thought we had in the back of our mind when booking though, so we're prepared & won't be disappointed if that's the case.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Pear Carr said:

Just about a month from her inaugural voyage  - is she going to be ready? Not really convinced by the photographs as still seems a lot to do!

Most of those photos were dated March 21st so there could have been lots of progress since.

• Like 1

A ship often is not 100% ready on its maiden voyage. They may still be putting on the finishing touches. So I’d manage expectations while on any maiden voyage. But let’s hope QA takes pax and has the bar open!