Meraviglia & MSC general questions

NJsharon

Posted (edited)

One question about dinner...

Having MDR time by 20:00 I do not know if 21:15 show is strongly soon and I should have to plan for 22:30.

If it is affordable to go to 21:30 show it will be cool. Ending by 22:10 or so and we could go on party. Otherwise it means to wait somewhere for almost one hour.

Edited by alserrod

4 hours ago, alserrod said:

Having MDR time by 20:00 I do not know if 21:15 show is strongly soon and I should have to plan for 22:30.

If it is affordable to go to 21:30 show it will be cool. Ending by 22:10 or so and we could go on party. Otherwise it means to wait somewhere for almost one hour.

MDR dining times and main theater show times are coordinated so that you should be able to eat your full meal and then see a show or vice versa.

Just now, JamieLogical said:

MDR dining times and main theater show times are coordinated so that you should be able to eat your full meal and then see a show or vice versa.

Yeah, I guess so.

Issue is:

Option 1, dinning at 18:00, show at 20:00. This is, 2 hours later

Option 2, dinning at 20:00, show at 22:30, this is, 2,5 hours later

Option 3, show at 21:15 (it ends by 21:50), dinner at 22:00. This is... just 10 minutes later

2,5 hours after dinner seems to be quite late

I am not sure what the current dining/show schedule onboard is, but looking at some of the Dailies from one of my recent sailings, here were the times:

First Seating:

Waves - 17:30

Panorama - 18:00

L'Olivo/L'Olive - 18:30

Second Seating:

Waves - 19:30

Panorama - 20:30

L'Olivo/L'Olive - 21:00

Show times were at 19:30 and 21:30. Dinner in the MDR usually takes about 1.5 hours. The shows are 45 minutes.

On 4/1/2024 at 9:13 AM, NJsharon said:

Both myself & my daughter like to dress up a bit for formal night, but I know she would hate to be out of place, so have to think about that.  Shame it is disappearing. 

Thank you!

Dress up by all means.

MSC has many international guests that believe in dressing for dinner. They also wear a level of "casual" dress throughout the day that looks like the country club casual that is required on a casual night.

One can easily pick out the US citizens used to "freestyle" standards.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, alserrod said:

Current show times on Meraviglia are 19:00, 20:30 and 22:00.

When I was seated at a full table in the MDR this past cruise, it was 50/50 if I would have made the 20:30 show when seated for 19:00 dinner.

My previous cruise I was seated by myself and told the waiter I'd like to make the show and never had a problem being finished with plenty of time to get there.

So, in my experience, 90 minutes can be a tight window, but asking the waiter to help "move things along" is beneficial depending on seating arrangements. 

• Like 1