How many specialty dinners and bags of free laundry will we get on a 22-day cruise?

Posted (edited)

We are planning to book a 22-day cruise on the Encore and are currently at the Platinum loyalty level. When we were on a 38-day Jade B2B back in the Fall of 22, Platinum members, which we were not at the time, each got 2 bags of laundry on each 19-day leg. Not sure if they got any extra specialty restaurant coupons.

If we are booked on a 22-day "single itinerary" cruise with both FAS and FAS+, and are at least at the Platinum loyalty level, does anyone have a guess how many of each we are going to get? If it was a 7-day cruise, I believe we would each get 1 free bag of laundry, 2 free specialty dinners for FAS, 2 more for FAS+, and 2 more for being Platinum, for a total of 6. We're just curious if those numbers increase if we're booked on a much longer 22-day cruise.

Edited by Ken the cruiser

For 12+ nights you will get 3 meals from

free at sea (2 if in an ocean view or below).

Free at sea plus and latitudes are a maximum of two each, regardless of cruise length.

So you will get 7 meals if in a balcony or above and 6 if in oceanview or below.

• Thanks 1

The laundry is less clear. As far as im

aware of is officially one bag per person, regardless of the cruise length, but in reality they are likely to offer more. We have had two done on a two week cruise, for example.

• Thanks 1

FWIW, we've gotten 2 free bags (now, NCL restored to the previously used "larger" paper bags to fit more in) each on both 15 days cruises taken; and even 2 bags each on a recent 12 days, based on our Latitudes status.  Best & easy way is to inquire and ask nicely at the CruiseNext desk ... no coupons needed, just write on the slip & also mark the bag as Platinum/Sapphire/Diamond accordingly.  One of the Asst. Guest Services Manager hosting our Dine With Officer chatted that if we get billed in error, just let GS know and they will waive or adjust it, no charge.   

Have another 15 days coming up, we shall see ... as noted above, it isn't clear and in the shaded grey zone, onboard team has discretion which they generally do exercise on these charges, within their scoped authority.  Happy cruising ! 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

I just completed my first cruise with platinum benefits and did not use the laundry voucher (7-day, Caribbean, no deviation).  Does anyone know if I would I be able to use the saved coupon on my next cruise (10-day, European, 2-day deviation prior) in addition to the fresh one I'll receive upon boarding?

Edited by n4w

5 minutes ago, n4w said:

I just completed my first cruise with platinum benefits and did not use the laundry voucher (7-day, Caribbean, no deviation).  Does anyone know if I would I be able to use the saved coupon on my next cruise (10-day, European, 2-day deviation prior) in addition to the fresh one I'll receive upon boarding?

No, it's a use it or lose it coupon.

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, n4w said:

There is no voucher to begin with. What you get is a non-coupon with instructions to write your latitude status on the bag. 2 bags on a 10 day cruise might be pushing it, but it's up to the CruiseNext folks.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, julig22 said:

There is no voucher to begin with. What you get is a non-coupon with instructions to write your latitude status on the bag. 2 bags on a 10 day cruise might be pushing it, but it's up to the CruiseNext folks.

We had a voucher in September.

2 minutes ago, GORDONCHICK said:

We had a voucher in September.

If you read what is written on what people assume is a voucher, you won't find anywhere that it says to include it. Just instructions to put your latitude level on the bag and slip.

Poor layout on the card, since it is below the vouchers needed for latitudes meals. But not a voucher.

25 minutes ago, julig22 said:

If you read what is written on what people assume is a voucher, you won't find anywhere that it says to include it. Just instructions to put your latitude level on the bag and slip.

Poor layout on the card, since it is below the vouchers needed for latitudes meals. But not a voucher.

It said to attach it.  But we already knew that we could write "platinum" on our ticket.

4 hours ago, julig22 said:

There are vouchers.

15 hours ago, n4w said:

Wouldn’t have thought so but if there is two platinum or above in the cabin you get 2 bags of laundry.I just write on the bag clearly that’s its platinum. Also mention it to the room steward too. Also on the behind the scenes tour that is what the laundry supervisor emphasised black marker clearly written on the bag. Never been charged. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 3/31/2024 at 3:42 PM, KeithJenner said:

The laundry is less clear. As far as im

aware of is officially one bag per person, regardless of the cruise length, but in reality they are likely to offer more. We have had two done on a two week cruise, for example.

When you embark grab a beverage and join the que for cruise next, sign up for the behind the scenes tour, wine tasting and ask about the laundry. On previous trips it seems like the decision on how many bags is made on board, but they will be able to give you a definitive answer.

we have been on one 21 day cruise since becoming Platinum members, on it we were each allowed one free laundry bag each week. As for the meals members get one set per cruise. The FAS meals vary with cruise length and cabin type.

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, bonvoyagie said:

we have been on one 21 day cruise since becoming Platinum members, on it we were each allowed one free laundry bag each week.

So you and your traveling partner got six bags of laundry total?

On 4/4/2024 at 4:53 PM, GORDONCHICK said:

It said to attach it.  But we already knew that we could write "platinum" on our ticket.

On the Jewel now. Nowhere does it say to attach anything.

@YVRteacher not a voucher. Note the difference between the meal vouchers and the laundry instructions simply printed on the bottom of the card.

IMG_20240410_154107.jpg