Latest Promo - Stay tuned something new is coming …

Whitby100

I awoke to an AZ email this morning announcing big news next week!  Something I love is on its way!  Can’t say more!  Any idea what the big news is?

2 minutes ago, Whitby100 said:

I awoke to an AZ email this morning announcing big news next week!  Something I love is on its way!  Can’t say more!  Any idea what the big news is?

My guess is the already announced incoming CEO. 

1 hour ago, Whitby100 said:

Even more OBC!

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Ayden said:

My guess is the already announced incoming CEO. 

Well if that’s the big announcement, they’re certainly misunderstanding what this patron ‘will love’ lol!  I don’t follow personnel shifts, other than a few captains I have had the pleasure to sail with.  

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Whitby100 said:

Well if that’s the big announcement, they’re certainly misunderstanding what this patron ‘will love’ lol!  I don’t follow personnel shifts, other than a few captains I have had the pleasure to sail with.  

I agree completely. I hope if that is the announcement, they at the least tie it to a fabulous sale.

• Like 1

I can’t even imagine what the announcement might be, unless it is to announce a new Azamara Circle level between Discoverer Plus and Discoverer Platinum. That might make a few people happy.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Judging by a post Azamara has just made on FB it’s the long awaited 2025/26 itineraries, we were told on Quest last week that they would be out in April so would make sense.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, BrendaJ said:

I can’t even imagine what the announcement might be, unless it is to announce a new Azamara Circle level between Discoverer Plus and Discoverer Platinum. That might make a few people happy.

Need a new level above Platinum.

• Like 1

BIG news must be something more than the new CEO or new itineraries for 26/27.  I am expecting anmouncement of a new build in the 1000- segment.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, koconnor214 said:

Based on a message on Twitter, sounds like new ports. i.e. maybe Martinique, etc. 

Oh, no. Our first cruise went to Martinique. It was the worst cruise stop ever.

4 hours ago, koconnor214 said:

Based on a message on Twitter, sounds like new ports. i.e. maybe Martinique, etc. 

they stop there already

and the new CEO is already appointed so my guess is an overhyped announcement about itineraries for 2025/26 my hope is it’s that mythical new ship 

• Like 1

I'm guessing it's the new itineraries, based on the graphic in the email showing Japan at the bottom and ??? at the top.  Maybe new improved itineraries for the next year?  Maybe new ports?  But yeah, a new ship announcement at this time would be a shock.  [Hoping for Antarctica Jan–Feb 2026...]

• Like 2

7 hours ago, marinaro44 said:

Need a new level above Platinum.

That big red carpet they roll out when they see you and Donna walking down the dock isn't enough??? 😁😁😁

• Haha 2

The Azamara official Facebook page [which is ok to mention here] has two teaser videos "guess the new port" – the first is Martinique ("the Paris of the Caribbean" – until the 1902 volcano eruption buried the city of Saint-Pierre) and the second is in Japan (Shonai Shrine and Soma Geisha House).

I see Regent and Oceania have today announced some new ships starting to be launched from 2026.  Couldn’t be the news of an existing Regent or Oceania ship being acquired by Az could it?

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

From conversations on this site regarding the lifespan of these R class ships, I thought there was an end point to how long they can be used.  I don’t remember the quotes of the useful life span of these ships.  Does anyone else remember?

I have also seen comments that there are environmental concerns about these ships (they no longer meet certain environmental standards) and that some ports will not accept them for docking due to these concerns.  Remember seeing mention of ports in Norway, for example.

so I really doubt that Azamara would be acquiring another R class ship in 2026 or beyond…..

Edited by takemewithyou
Addition

11 minutes ago, takemewithyou said:

From conversations on this site regarding the lifespan of these R class ships, I thought there was an end point to how long they can be used.  I don’t remember the quotes of the useful life span of these ships.  Does anyone else remember?

I have also seen comments that there are environmental concerns about these ships (they no longer meet certain environmental standards) and that some ports will not accept them for docking due to these concerns.  Remember seeing mention of ports in Norway, for example.

so I really doubt that Azamara would be acquiring another R class ship in 2026 or beyond…..

It doesn’t of course have to be an R class ship.

Just now, royallondon said:

It doesn’t of course have to be an R class ship.

It only makes sense that Oceania would be off loading R class ships, doesn’t it?  I don’t think they have any plans to get rid of Riviera and Marina! 

2 minutes ago, takemewithyou said:

It only makes sense that Oceania would be off loading R class ships, doesn’t it?  I don’t think they have any plans to get rid of Riviera and Marina! 

Regent is due to get the first new build in 2026 and so if my total speculation is anywhere near the mark, I am more thinking the acquisition of a Regent Ship, Mariner, Voyager.