Regal Princess, Southampton Terminal

MrsK

Posted (edited)

Hi, we are seasoned cruisers but this is our first Princess Cruise.

I am trying (without much success) to find out which terminal the Regal Princess uses in Southampton.  We are sailing in August 2024.

If someone can point me in the direction of where to look for this information, I would be very appreciative of the help!

Thanks.

Edited by MrsK

4 minutes ago, MrsK said:

Hi, we are seasoned cruisers but this is our first Princess Cruise.

I am trying (without much success) to find out which terminal the Regal Princess uses in Southampton.  We are sailing in August 2024.

If someone can point me in the direction of where to look for this information, I would be very appreciative of the help!

Thanks.

Schedule says Ocean Terminal, #46.

https://www.southamptonvts.co.uk/Live_Information/Shipping_Movements_and_Cruise_Ship_Schedule/Cruise_Ship_Schedule/

Posted (edited)

Note it can change.  We were on the Regal last year and we left out of the Mayflower terminal and returned to the Ocean terminal.  If you use the "find" feature on that link and type in Regal you'll see that they are scheduled to be at 3 different terminals according to the date.

Edited by azbirdmom
  • Like 3

46 minutes ago, azbirdmom said:

Note it can change. 

Agree.  So refer back to the website closer to departure date.  We also sailed out of and returned to the Mayflower Terminal on our cruise, but the Queen Mary 2 was having some work done and was hogging one of the closer berths.  @MrsK : You may already know this but if you do use the Ocean Terminal, it is walkable from the waterfront area of Southampton.  But the Mayflower Terminal is decidedly NOT.  You would want to arrange for transportation to/from that terminal if by any chance you happen to be using it.  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, azbirdmom said:

If you use the "find" feature on that link and type in Regal you'll see that they are scheduled to be at 3 different terminals according to the date.

Of course! Elite, Platinum, Ruby tier levels. 😄

• Haha 1

• 3 weeks later...

I am guessing that many passengers embarking on a Princess ship leaving from Southampton will NOT have a medallion (pick up at port).

Has anyone from the US or Canada boarded/checked in with a Medallion in hand?  What was your experience?  To be specific….from the Mayflower Terminal (as of current).

58 minutes ago, cr8tiv1 said:

Has anyone from the US or Canada boarded/checked in with a Medallion in hand?  What was your experience?  To be specific….from the Mayflower Terminal (as of current).

We have, on a transatlantic where we flew over and came back to Fort Lauderdale.  We had our medallions before we left. 

10 minutes ago, Rick&Jeannie said:

We have, on a transatlantic where we flew over and came back to Fort Lauderdale.  We had our medallions before we left. 

Were you able to board any faster? Separate lanes?  Easier?  Anything that might be encouraging?

47 minutes ago, cr8tiv1 said:

Were you able to board any faster? Separate lanes?  Easier?  Anything that might be encouraging?

I don't remember separate lines...but they very well may have. My memory has been blocked out as far as embarkation goes back to the beginning of *this* cruise. (We're currently on an NCL cruise right now.) We had to stand in line almost 2 hours just to get on the ship in Papeete.

We've embarked 5 or 6 times in Southampton now and I don't recall ever having any real issues. 

• Like 1

I am a Brit so I have only ever picked up thee medallion at the port but IME it is likely not to make much difference whether you have the medallion already or not. You probably still have to sit and wait until called to board. We have done it several times now and we generally have a 30 or so minute wait between checking in and actually boarding. They sit you down and call you up as the line for security goes down. Of course, if you are early you have less of a wait.

• Like 1

We are Brits, so no medallions in advance, but we've always found boarding in Southampton to be really quick. We generally arrive for 10am when baggage drop opens. Queue for a couple of minutes to drop baggage. Queue in the terminal for a couple of minutes to check in and get medallion. Sometimes it's straight through to security and straight on board. Sometimes you sit in a holding area for a few minutes (we sat for 10 mins last month) before security. I had a glass of Prosecco in my hand by 1045 😃

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Crystaltipps67 said:

We are Brits, so no medallions in advance, but we've always found boarding in Southampton to be really quick. We generally arrive for 10am when baggage drop opens. Queue for a couple of minutes to drop baggage. Queue in the terminal for a couple of minutes to check in and get medallion. Sometimes it's straight through to security and straight on board. Sometimes you sit in a holding area for a few minutes (we sat for 10 mins last month) before security. I had a glass of Prosecco in my hand by 1045 😃

Yes, that is our experience when turning up that early. Turn up later and it can be a much longer wait. The longest we waited was an hour.

10 hours ago, cr8tiv1 said:

Yes, last June we had our Medallions and were zipped through a separate lane to the waiting area.  We got there early (around 10) and waited in the lounge for maybe a half hour before boarding.  It was very efficient.

• Like 2